Q. Though my diet is nutrient-rich, I have hair fall. Please help me.

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 25, 2019

I am 25 years old. For the last one month my hair has been falling out a lot. My diet is vegan. I am eating a wide variety of foods, getting all my nutrients and not lagging in anything. I have got new hair growth on the top of my head and I am not losing it in patches. The loss is all over. Please help me.

#

Please answer the following questions for more information.

Is there any recent stress either mental or physical? Are hairs falling from whole scalp or sparing any area like only in occipital area? Please send the photographs of scalp. Are you on any medication?

No, I am not stressed. They fall from the whole scalp and mainly in the occipital area. No, I am not taking any regular medication.

#

The two possibilities of illness are telogen effluvium and androgenic alopecia.

1. Telogen effluvium: It is due to some kind of physical illness or stress. It is usually self-limiting except in few cases of chronic telogen effluvium.
  2. Androgenic alopecia: Very less chance as they present with patterned hair loss.

Nevertheless you can use Rogaine 2% lotion (Minoxidil), 1 mL twice daily for three months. Take tablet Keraglo Eva (Gamma Linolenic acid) one tablet daily and also eat iron rich food. Get back for review in six weeks.

|