Q. Can we mobilize a patient who had angina 24 hours ago?

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 10, 2013 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Can we mobilize a patient who had angina 24 hours ago? If he is stable, is it fine to do so?

#

The stability of the patient's condition depends on whether this was his first attack of angina and it occurred while at rest or during physical exertion. It also depends on whether his ECG was normal or abnormal and the cardiac enzymes excluded a heart attack or not.

We also need to look into the presence of diabetes, hypertension or any other disease.

In the absence of the aforementioned information, I will recommend that the patient beshifted after five to six days if he does not have a recurrence of angina and once he is on anti-angina treatment.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|