Ankle Pain

How to treat an injured ankle that is swollen and painful?

Query: Hi doctor, Before seven months, I sprained my ankle due to a track and field injury. I postponed crutches for a week due to a trip the following day, but went on crutches the next week. I never went to see a doctor. I just went through PT with my athletic trainer. I spent three weeks without rigorou...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned injury to the ankle region, which has been managed by you and your therapist. Essentially, if one is able to ambulate after an injury, this is usually a ligament injury and not involving the bones. But, in my opinion, x-ray of the involved region sho...  Read Full »

Why am I having lower back pain along with knee, hip, and ankle pain?

Query: I have been having new persistant headaches every single day for the past 8 months. The headaches last from 5 seconds to 5 hours. I usually wake up with one. They are usually dull to throbbing pain. I have got an mri and 4 blood tests. I have went to the neurologist and they prescribed me with Indom...  Read Full »

Dr. Amr Samy

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hey, Welcome to Icliniq, I am sorry to hear about your headache, Let me start with some questions for you as the picture is not fully clear as to whether or not the headaches come with any other symptoms such as: -Extreme fatigue -The need to sit in a dark room because you become over sensitive to...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for the two sores on my penis head?

Query: Hello doctor, I have the following symptoms: sore right leg, scaly dry patch on the outside of the right ankle, in the shower, this turns red, my urine smells strong. I am 6.2 feet tall and weigh about 167 pounds. I eat a tremendous amount of food, mostly healthy, so I poop a lot. If I wipe too har...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks a lot for consulting us. You have pain issues in the right leg, a scaly patch on the right ankle, and blood when wiping hard after pee and lesions of the penis. Regarding the leg pain, it might have many causes like nerve pain, so you need to be examined with a n...  Read Full »

Can RA result in pain in different parts of the body?

Query: Hi Docter Age : 37 Height : 5.7 Weight : 72 issue : From past 20 days having pain in body sometimes it will be on ankle (foot backside) and and on both knee front and back side and neck pain back pain and difficulty in standing after toilet seat.Now a days i will angry very soon sometime numbness ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupoor Acharya

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello. Welcome toicliniq Your symptoms and your blood tests are not suggestive of rheumatoid arthritis. However, this pattern of joint and back pain is seen in another form of arthritis, spondyloarthropathy. I would like to know if you have stiffness in the morning, any hip or buttock pains? This...  Read Full »

What can cause pain in and around the ankles after waking up in the morning?

Query: My wife feels pain in and around the ankle of her both feet just after sleeping in the morning. She gets some relief after walking some steps within half an hour. There is small lump like swelling at the anterior side of the ankle region. The problem started 1 year ago with mild symptom but at pr...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupoor Acharya

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello. Welcome to iclinique. The symptoms you have described in your wife is suggestive of inflammatory arthritis. Ankle arthritis can be seen in different conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, spondyloarthropathy, sarcoidosis, Ponset's disease etc. It is essential to know if your wife have other sy...  Read Full »

Is it normal for an ankle to swell and look bruised after a year of an ankle sprain?

Query: I am having some concerning issues with my ankle right now. I had a sprain ankle in this ankle a year ago, I did not really properly let it heal and have had some minor pain and popping in that ankle. I can sometimes even feel my tendons rub up against my bone. I did not really care until that pain ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, I read your concern.. In my opinion you might have some imbalances due to improper healing of ankle... Leading to loading of other structures around the ankle. You could have shared the scan report to give us more insight of your injury... As it is difficult to conclude what actually could ...  Read Full »

What the cause of my ankle pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from left ankle pain. I have soreness and it is bruised. Sometimes, it is difficult to walk too. I am also suffering from lower back pain. I feel the pain from my ankle joint to my hip. I have a history of ankle pain, but it was on the right. Before two years, I had an arth...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there are arthritic changes seen in the joint between two small bones of the foot, that is, talus and navicular as well as in the posterior part of the tibia. This is the cause for ankle pain and swelling an...  Read Full »

What could cause sharp ankle pain in a growing kid during sleep?

Query: Hello doctor, My son has very bad ankle pain. He suddenly woke up in the middle of the night and has been crying since. He did complain a couple of weeks back, but I massaged him and he was normal. But this time, he cannot even sleep and is in pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There can be few reasons for his ankle pain: 1. Growth pains in addition to calf muscle over-exhaustion, can lead to such acute pains during sleep, or sometimes, it may not let the cold fall sleep at all. 2. Deficiency of calcium and magnesium it could be true def...  Read Full »

What are the causes of pain radiating from the hip to toe?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 43 years old and was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis 3 months back. Her lab reports are as follows: Serum uric acid : 4.3 mg/dl RF igM antibody : 132.1 Units/ml Her treatment was initiated with defcort 6mg for a week, methotrexate 15mg weekly for 3 months, HCQS 200 da...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishav Bansal

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Pain radiating from hip to toe is due to sciatica not due to rheumatoid arthritis. You will nerve suppressing painkillers for that and physiotherapy for that. Regarding other joint pain, we need to confirm whether it is due to rheumatoid arthritis after detailed history. We may need to increa...  Read Full »

I have pain in ankles after an injury. Do I need crutches?

Query: Hello doctor, My ankle started hurting last week, and it has gotten worse, it is very painful and uncomfortable to walk. My question is, do I need crutches? I am a girl.  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking into your problem it seems you are badly in pain and looking for things can help you walk so you remember about crutches. As simple protocols use simple formula RICE rest, ice compression and elevation of your feet are key sutra. For severe sprains, you might n...  Read Full »