Ankle Pain

Other than using ortho footwear and compression socks, what can I do for ankle pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ankle pain. It remains only for a few seconds sometimes. I have done some things to have some relief. I tried wearing ortho choice footwear for home use. I tried wearing compression socks during daytime. I tried using ice once or twice daily in that area. Kindly suggest a remedy...  Read Full »

Dr. R. Jay Ganesh Jay Ganesh

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It can be a bursa inflammation or plantar fasciitis which is a fascia inflammation. You can do an ankle X-ray. Doing ice therapy is good. Meanwhile, take some analgesics like Paracetamol. You can start taking physiotherapy like IFT (interfe...  Read Full »

Why am I having lower back pain along with knee, hip, and ankle pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having new persistent headaches every single day for the past eight months. The headaches last from five seconds to five hours. I usually wake up with one. They are generally dull to throbbing pain. I have got an MRI and four blood tests. I have gone to the neurologist, and t...  Read Full »

Dr. Amr Samy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your headache. Let me start with some questions for you as the picture is not fully clear about whether or not the headaches come with any other symptoms such as extreme fatigue. The need to sit in a dark room because you become over-sensitive t...  Read Full »

What are the causes of pain radiating from the hip to toe?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 43 years old and she was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis three months back. She has a serum uric acid level of 4.3 mg/dl and an RF IgM antibody of 132.1 units/ml. Her treatment was started by taking Defcort 6 mg for a week, Methotrexate 15 mg for three months, HCQS 200...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishav Bansal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain radiating from hip to toe occurs due to sciatica and it does not occur due to rheumatoid arthritis. Your mother needs to take nerve suppressing painkillers and physiotherapy. Regarding other joint pains, we need to rule out the cause after having a detailed his...  Read Full »

Could my weight be a contributing factor to my ankle and knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female. My weight is 18 stone and height is 5'11". My knees crunch when I walk and often give way. My ankles are feeble, and my feet feel sore. I know that I am overweight and currently in the process of losing weight. But, due to the pain, it is getting in the way of...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is obvious that you are in trouble, but at the same time, you are feeling slightly helpless also. Nobody is going to judge you based on your weight. You should see a doctor and have your knee examined. If your knees and ankles are fine, then a fairly strenuous progr...  Read Full »

Why do I have extreme pain and unable to bear weight on my grade 3 sprained ankle?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a male with a weight of 72 kilograms and a height of five feet nine inches. I have a grade 3 sprained ankle. On the first day, I had a severe swelling with a size of a softball as well as bruising. It started to appear overnight. On the fourth day, I consulted a doctor and took X-rays...  Read Full »

Dr. Ranjeet Singha, Pt

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the information, I suggest you follow PRICE protocol. Follow protection, rest, ice, compression, and elevation. I suggest you wear ankle support or brace or taping the ankle to have more stability and thus it accelerates healing. Try to move the foot within t...  Read Full »

How to treat Achilles tendonitis?

Query: Hello doctor, About a week ago, I got off the lounge chair and felt a sharp pain in the back of my left ankle. The pain has not changed during the week. The whole ankle is still swollen.  The pain has not changed, and it radiates from inside the heels up to my Achilles and into the lower back p...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, there is no attachment and hence I could not see the clinical picture. You have mentioned about the pain at the back of your ankle along with swelling over the affected region. The injury as described by you could be Achilles Tendinitis or a partial tear in the ...  Read Full »

What does high CPK (creatine phosphokinase) mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old, and my height is 172 centimeters and weight is 68 kilograms. For over a year, I dealt with unexplained symptoms. My condition is constantly fluctuating and sometimes improving. It all started a year ago with bad back pain. After two weeks, I had leg fasciculations t...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from pain in the buttocks, back of the knees, ankles, and feet, along with paresthesia and some muscle fasciculations. According to your investigation, only raised CPK (creatine phosphok...  Read Full »

Kindly give your opinion on my MRI ankle reports.

Query: Hello doctor, Almost two months back, I twisted my ankle around ninety degrees inward. It caused my ankle to pop very loudly and I had to limp for several minutes. It instantly began to swell and within 10 minutes it was three times the normal size. Within three days, the swelling spread and my enti...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  If your injury and pain are not getting better, then I think there is a cartilage injury of the ankle joint. If you can upload your MRI images and the report, then I feel I can pick up the cartilage lesion or any other abnormality and suggest you an appropriate treatme...  Read Full »

Why has my year-old ligament tear not healed properly?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question to ask. I had a partial ligament tear in my ankle last year. It has been a year since the incident, but it seems like I have not fully recovered. I still feel a slight pain in my ankle after I do exercises or recreations. But according to one of the doctors, I suppos...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The management for a partial ligament tear is institution of early physical therapy, ankle brace if required, anti-inflammatory medications for pain relief, etc. Now, one year is more than adequate time for to heal unless there has been a repeat injury to the ankle. Can y...  Read Full »

Is it normal for an ankle to swell and look bruised after a year of an ankle sprain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having some concerning issues with my ankle right now. I had sprained my ankle a year ago, and I did not let it heal properly, and have had some minor pain and popping in that ankle. I can sometimes even feel my tendons rub up against my bone. I did not really care until the pain go...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. In my opinion, you might have some imbalances due to improper healing of the ankle leading to the loading of other structures around the ankle. You could have shared the scan report to give us more insight into your injury. As it is difficul...  Read Full »