Antibacterial Mouthwash

Can I brush my teeth after wisdom tooth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got all four of my wisdom teeth removed last week. I was looking at my back teeth, both top and bottom. On all the four teeth, at the very back of my mouth, just front of where the wisdom teeth were, I noticed what appears to be brown hairline-looking marks in the pits and on th...  Read Full »

Dr. Shamaz Mohamed

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry. They must be just stained pits and fissures. Since you have not brushed your teeth, or maintained your oral hygiene for a week, they have developed. I insist that you start gentle brushing and rinsing of your mouth twice daily with any over t...  Read Full »

I swallowed Povidone iodine mouthwash by mistake. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old. I drank Povidone-iodine germicide gargle 10 ml in the morning and 10 ml in the afternoon. Will it affect my health as I am suffering from gastritis? I am also taking other medicines for acid reflux and my other question is that I feel a burning sensation in my left...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Betadine (Povidone-Iodine 10 %) has been used as an external disinfectant prior to surgery for years. The active antimicrobial agent is iodine and is necessary for thyroid hormone synthesis. Excess iodine will be filtered out by the normal kidneys. Povidone is a common...  Read Full »

How to remove yellowness from teeth?

Query: Hello, My teeth are very yellow. How can I remove yellowness from teeth and make them white at home? If I go and do the cleaning with a dentist, how much would it cost?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com Yellow teeth can be of different types. If teeth are slightly yellowish with plaque, you can make them clean and white just by brushing properly twice a day with light hand pressure.  Avoid abrasive brushing as they can cause the white outer layer of teeth to shed off and...  Read Full »

I have a problem of bad breath for a long time. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I tried teeth cleaning, I avoided non-veg foods and beverage drinks, which produce gas, and I am eating a balanced diet. My bad breath problem is since for the past five years till now, so in this period I realize that I have a white layer on my tongue and when I smell my tongue then I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The white coating on your tongue is mostly due to bacteria and debris. And, it seems that you might have a dry mouth. All this must be causing bad breath. Clean or scrape your tongue regularly, maintain proper oral hygiene, drink a lot of water and even empty stomach...  Read Full »

How do you treat enlarged circumvallate papillae?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I have some enlarged bumps and white lesion on the back of my tongue. I thought that I had a gum problem because my saliva was often brownish and I had a funny taste in my mouth. Now, I believe that I have some fungus infection. It looks exactly like on the pict...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted. From the picture posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity), those bumps seen on the tongue are suggestive of enlarged or swollen circumvallate papillae. There are four types of papillae on the surface of t...  Read Full »

My Teeth Are Yellow.Is Scaling Only A Temporary Process To Clean The Teeth?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 19 years old. My teeth are yellow from childhood (from 10 years of age). A black layer is formed at the backside of teeth. When I see my teeth it seems very dirty and too much of creamy layer is formed on my teeth especially in lower canines and lower incisors. In the lower teeth...  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yellowing of teeth is mainly due to one of the following or a combination of these: Tartar or plaque deposits (soft yellowish deposits) on the teeth. Calculus deposits (calcified hard deposits) on the teeth. Fluorosis - internal discoloration of the teeth due to ...  Read Full »

I have a swelling on gums and it bleeds when I touch. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I woke up this morning with this dried up blood in between my upper front teeth and blood comes out when I touch it. It does not hurt, and when I brush my teeth, I can see it move. I have not noticed any changes in my gums or teeth. My gums usually bleed when the bristles of my toothbrush...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed the images attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like there is a deep infection in the gums in that localized area and there can also be periodontal pocket formation. As you also bleeding on brushing, it further indicates towar...  Read Full »

What are the causes of white and yellow lesion with a red border on my tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have small white and yellow lesions with a red border on my tongue. My tongue also develops a white coating, that has to be scrapped of daily. I have attached a photo of the same. What are the likely causes?  Read Full »

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava

Dentist, Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Oral Implantologist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint and the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The blisters on your tongue that look like small white or yellow center lesions with a red border, is most probably due to a fungal infection that occurs in...  Read Full »

How to get rid of bad breath? I floss, brush every morning and night, but still suffer from bad breath.

Query: Dear Doctor, I am 16 years old. I floss, brush every morning and night and use a tongue cleaner too. But still suffer from bad breath the whole day. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. After following these tips you will feel better and get rid of bad breath by 2 weeks. Start using chlorhexidine mouthwash thrice a day for 4 weeks. Do saline water mouth rinses (take lukewarm water in a small cup and add 1/4th teaspoon salt in it),...  Read Full »

I got my dry sockets packed twice already, then why is the pain not going down?

Query: Hi doctor, I had four teeth extracted a week ago, two on top and two on the bottom. I did not get numb at all, so I felt it all. I was diagnosed with a dry socket on the bottom. The dentist that I went to packed it twice now, after 4 to 5 days. As the extracted teeth were adjacent teeth, so when ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have gone through your query.Dry socket after extraction is caused due to the blood clot getting dislodged from the extraction socket. So ideally, the dry socket should be curetted, which means it should be cleaned and irrigated with medicine, and obtundent dressing m...  Read Full »