Q. How to get rid of bad breath? I floss, brush every morning and night, but still suffer from bad breath.

Dr. Tooba Qazi
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 17, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Dear Doctor,

I am 16 years old. I floss, brush every morning and night and use a tongue cleaner too. But still suffer from bad breath the whole day.

Please help me.

#

Do not worry. After following these tips you will feel better and get rid of bad breath by 2 weeks.

Start using chlorhexidine mouthwash thrice a day for 4 weeks.

Do saline water mouth rinses (take lukewarm water in a small cup and add 1/4th teaspoon salt in it), thrice a day for 2 weeks.

Avoid soda drinks and food that may cause acidity, watch your diet carefully. If you are already having complaints of acidity or heart burning or stomach ulcer problem, then visit gastroenterologist because stomach problems can be one of the major causes of bad breath.

Check in mirror if you have yellow plaque or calculus deposits around the teeth and gum margins then, first visit your dentist and get scaling done and then use mouthwash and do saline rinses. The results will be quickly evident.

Check if you are a mouth breather and try to control the habit.

Read dentist advice to get rid of bad breath.

Follow up after 2 weeks. Stay Happy.

|