Q. I drank povidone-iodine mouthwash by mistake. Is my health at risk?

Answered by Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Povidone Iodine or Gastritis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 22 year old. I drank Povidone-iodine germicide gargle 10 ml in the morning and 10 ml in the afternoon. Will it affect my health as I am suffering from gastritis? I am also taking other medicines for acid reflux and my other question is that I feel a burning sensation in my left leg and sometimes in my left hand. What could be causing it?