Q. My problem of bad breath persists even after teeth cleaning. What to do?

Answered by Dr. Divya Banu M and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Bad Breath or Antibacterial Mouthwash? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I tried teeth cleaning, I avoided non-veg foods and beverage drinks, which produce gas, and I am eating a balanced diet. My bad breath problem is since for the past five years till now, so in this period I realize that I have a white layer on my tongue and when I smell my tongue then I feel very bad breath. Also, I have a hole on my throat back of the tongue, and something comes through that way like thick water and when I smell it so bad.

Another is when I eat something, then that smell lasts for a long time. What to do? I have been spent more money to avoid bad breath, so give me a suggestion to get rid of it. Bad breath is the main reason for my unsuccessfulness. Sometimes thinking about this problem, I become depreciate. I needed your help.