Q. How long should one wait to see the effect of Valdoxan?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have been prescribed with Valdoxan 25 mg for depression and anxiety. It has been four weeks. Still, I am feeling drowsy and difficulty in thinking straight and finding my words. Socially, I am feeling very anxious because I feel dumbed down. How long should I take this medication? Is the term of four weeks enough to see any beneficial effects?

#

• Valdoxan (Agomelatin) is a melatonin agonist and a newer antidepressant drug.
  • The drug is used as an add-on drug for depression and also as monotherapy in mild to moderate depression. In most cases, the drug takes about four to six weeks to show its full effect.
  • You are on 25 mg dose since last four weeks and there is not much improvement. In such case, I would advise you to wait for a couple of weeks to see its full effect.
  • If symptoms persist beyond that period of time, then talk to your doctor and ask about dose adjustment.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|