Q. What could be the reason for my dizziness and increased blood pressure?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 08, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 21, 2021

I experienced dizziness as from this morning. Later in the noon, I felt as if my head is spinning and could not focus properly. I felt that my hands became numb and fingertips turning blue. I went to a pharmacy sweating on my forehead. They took my blood pressure and it was 142/103 mmHg. It became more steady later and I felt better after eating. I also fainted a week ago in client's office. I think it may have been due to high stress. I felt dizzy and wanted to vomit. I am currently on Venlor and Valdoxan.

#

• The symptoms you are experiencing are side effects of your medications.
  • Hypertension is a common side effect of Venlor (Venlafaxine), while dizziness, feeling sleepy, unable to focus, nausea and excessive sweating are all the common side effects of Valdoxan (Agomelatine).
  • I recommend that you refer to your doctor to either decrease the dose or change the medication. I hope you find this helpful and I wish you good health.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|