Q. Will Lulifin lotion dropped into eyes accidentally cause any problem?

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh
Published on Jan 20, 2019

My mom accidentally dropped the Lulifin lotion into my eyes. Is there any first aid treatment or should I contact the doctor? Please tell me. I am scared.

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Lulifin is an antifungal lotion. You should immediately do an eye wash with clean water, and continue this for at least 20 to 30 minutes. You can get some antibiotics steroid eye drops and apply for three times a day for 4 to 5 days. Please remember that if your vision is affected then it is better to see an eye doctor.

General Measures Against Fungal Infection and Use of Antifungal Agents

Article Overview: This article discusses about the commonly used antifungal agents and general measures to prevent dermatophytosis (ringworm or tinea), which is very common during summer. Read Article

Antifungal agents are usually applied for two to three weeks twice daily. Over application can irritate sensitive and damaged skin. The following are the different antifungal agents that are used for various fungal infections. Imidazoles, which include Miconazole 2%, Clotrimazole 1...  Read Article

Is it safe to apply antifungal cream on the tip of penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been itching on my tip of the penis, which also becomes red due to itch. Is it safe to apply any antifungal cream on the tip of the penis? Please suggest some good antifungal cream.  Read Full »

Is it alright to use Lastacaft eye drops after a laser cataract surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I am trying to get help for a friend who had laser cataract surgery last year. She has Lastacaft eye drops that she would like to use and would like to know if it is alright to use.  Read Full »