Q. I have itching of scrotum from two weeks. Please suggest anti-fungal medicines.

Dr. G.s.s. Sandeep
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 02, 2022

I am experiencing itching of the scrotum, below the scrotum area as well as in the tip of the foreskin. There is a dry and inflamed area on the right scrotum area. There is inflammation of the tip of fore skin. There is inflammation of the area below the scrotum. I am experiencing itching of the scrotum from the past two weeks. Please recommend an anti-fungal spray.

#

• Your concern may be balanoposthitis.
  1. Apply Aloederm gel (Aloe vera and Glycerine) first on the washed and dried affected area.
  2. Apply Efficort cream (Hydrocortisone) 0.127 %. Use it until the redness subsides.
  3. Apply Eberwin (Eberconazole) 1 % cream at bedtime.

Continue it for 30 days even if there is an improvement. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start using the medicines with their consent.

This will help you.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I recently started using a different soap. This problem started after I changed my soap. Should I discontinue using the soap? What soap should I use instead?

#

• Discontinue the soap. Instead, use a cleanser like Cetaphil, Episoft or Nosoap. They do not contain any chemicals. So, no lather will be noticed while using the cleansers.
  • Revert in 15 days if there is no improvement after starting the medication.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|