Eye Drops

Can the brown mark on my cornea with unaltered vision be due to tablet Wellbutrin?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had a brown mark on my cornea for three years. But vision is clear, and I do not have any pain. I currently take Wellbutrin 150 mg.Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pigment (the brown spot) is deposited in the conjunctiva and not in the cornea; hence no visual distortion is present. However, if this spot has appeared after taking tablet Wellbutrin, I recommend you get a complete eye examination, including an eye ...  Read Full »

Why is my right eye red and painful to touch?

Query: Hi doctor, I have redness in my left eye. After applying pressure on my eyes, I have pain.   Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A painful red eye can occur due to various causes. I suggest you send detailed information regarding your condition with pictures. Have a follow-up with more details.   Read Full »

How to treat swollen, itchy, and painful eyelid?

Query: Hi doctor,My left eyelid is swollen and itchy with pain. I have white discharge from my eyes. I have this issue for a week and it is not getting better.   Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the picture, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you seem to have an infection. You need to take antibiotics to treat it. You can take tablet Amoxiclav 625 mg (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) twice daily for five days. You can use topical ant...  Read Full »

How long to continue the eye drops after CXL eye surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 12 years old. She has undergone CXL surgery before a month. Due to pandemics, it is impossible to consult a doctor. After undergoing surgery, she uses Vigamox ophthalmic solution IP 0.5% three times a day and Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops IP five times a day. Is this ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. CXL (corneal cross-linking) surgery is done for keratoconus. Usually, antibiotic drops are given for four to six weeks and so you can continue using Vigomax (Moxifloxacin) two to three times a day for six weeks. Lubricant or artificial tears can be used for the long...  Read Full »

What to do for dryness in eyes after using contact lenses?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 23 years old and I suffer from dry eyes for many years due to contact lenses. One of my eyes started to have soreness with bloodshot now and then. It looks as if my skin on the eye got abraided.   Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I have some questions to ask you. The abraded looking skin near the ridge of the nose is unusual (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please mention whether you have this for the first time and there is any pain during touching. P...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my redness and dry eyes due to mobile usage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have red veins in my eyes. It is not that bad when I look in a normal mirror, but I can see the red veins in my eyes when I use a flashlight. They are worse when I use the gadgets. I know it is due to eye strain, but I want to see if it is normal. I need to chat or an optional priva...  Read Full »

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the images you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have severe dry eyes, and all the other symptoms, redness, etc., are related to that. First of all, reduce your screen time. Just use it for academic purposes and nothing else. Do not us...  Read Full »

Why does my left eye look smaller after an accident?

Query: Hi doctor, I met with a car accident about seven days ago. I was diagnosed with a concussion and cervical fracture. But after the accident, my left eye has become smaller in size than the other. Why is that so?  Read Full »

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please upload a picture of the same? Is your vision also decreased? And is there any redness in your eye?  Read Full »

What causes watering of the eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, My left eye is watering continuously, not sure if it is dust or eyelash hair that is in. It is troubling me a lot since yesterday morning.   Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I had a look at the photo you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a bit blurry, and unfortunately, if there is a foreign body or an eyelash embedded under the upper eyelid, it will not be visible in the photo. Is...  Read Full »

What must I do to reduce my eye dryness?

Query: Hello doctor,What must I do to reduce my eye dryness? I cannot read anything for a long time. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Shukla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dryness is a prevalent complaint encountered in your place because of climatic variation, dust, and prolonged use of a computer. Sometimes dryness is associated with convergence weakness of eye muscles.  Read Full »

Are there any glasses that I could use while working on a laptop?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old, male, pursuing PG. This is the dissertation writing time for me. For that, I have to rely on a laptop most of the time. It makes my eyes uncomfortable (red and dry). So, would be glad to have suggestions. Any glasses that I could use while working on a laptop?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. People who spend much time in front of digital screens like a laptop, mobiles, etc., are at higher risk of developing dry eyes also called computer eye syndrome. Usually, we blink 8 to 12 times per minute but while using digital devices blink rate is decreased 2 to 3 time...  Read Full »