Eye Drops

Why is my right eye red and painful to touch?

Query: Hi , I have red in my left eye, while applying pressure my eyes started to pain. Request you please check it, we may have an appointment considering your convenience.  Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, A painful red eye can have a lot of causes. I would require you to send me more details like pictures, any loss of vision, duration, etc please follow up with more details.  Read Full »

How to treat swollen, itchy, and painful eyelid?

Query: left eyelid very swollen and itchy with pain. It is also very itchy and painful and also having a white discharge from eye. I have been having the issue for a week and it is not getting any better  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, According to picture you have send its likely to be infective in origin. So you have to take antibiotics for the treatment. Tab amoxiclav 625 mg daily twice for 5 days. Topical antibiotic drops moxifloxacine 8 times a day you have to put in your eyes. Carboxymethyal cellulose eye dr...  Read Full »

How long to continue the eye drops after CXL eye surgery?

Query: My daughter Age 12 yr. has gone under CXL Eye surgery a month back. Due to lock down its not possible to consult the doctor, I would request kindly advise, till when we have to continue these eye drops. (from 27 days ) we are continuing (Vigamox-Moxifloacin Ophthalmic solution IP 0.5% W/V 3times a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi. Good afternoon. I hope you doing well. Most probably CXL done for keratoconus. usually post op antibiotics drop (vigamox) are prescribed for 4-6 weeks so you can continue vigamox 2-3 times a day till 6 weeks. Second drop is lubricant/ artificial tear that can be used long term to avoid dry eye...  Read Full »

What must I do to reduce my eye dryness?

Query: Hello doctor,What must I do to reduce my eye dryness? I cannot read anything for a long time. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Shukla

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dryness is a prevalent complaint encountered in your place because of climatic variation, dust, and prolonged use of a computer. Sometimes dryness is associated with convergence weakness of eye muscles.  Read Full »

Are there any glasses that I could use while working on a laptop?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old, male, pursuing PG. This is the dissertation writing time for me. For that, I have to rely on a laptop most of the time. It makes my eyes uncomfortable (red and dry). So, would be glad to have suggestions. Any glasses that I could use while working on a laptop?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. People who spend much time in front of digital screens like a laptop, mobiles, etc., are at higher risk of developing dry eyes also called computer eye syndrome. Usually, we blink 8 to 12 times per minute but while using digital devices blink rate is decreased 2 to 3 time...  Read Full »

Is there any eye drop available for iritis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had iritis for the past 20 or so years. I currently have a flare up after not having an episode for the past four years. My question is related to treatment since I currently do not have insurance. Is there an eye drop treatment that is OTC that replicates Pred Forte and whatever...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are suffering from iritis, usually, iritis has an underlying cause like immune system disorders. If you are adequately treated for this causative problem, your iritis will subside by itself. Coming to if there are over-the-counter medication for...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest me a preservative-free eye drop which can be used with a contact lens.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a regular user of contact lens. Currently, I am facing a little discomfort due to dryness. Earlier I was using Soft Drop for my eyes, but recently a doctor told me not to use it with contact lenses as it contains preservatives which can spoil the contacts. I would like to request...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Preservative-free eyedrop is good if someone is having problems with preservatives. You can use Systane Ultra, Refresh Tears, Tears Naturale Free, etc. They are available across the counter in most countries. They are available in single-use small vials.  Read Full »

Lulifin lotion dropped into eyes accidentally. Does it require any first aid?

Query: Hi doctor, My mom accidentally dropped the Lulifin lotion into my eyes. Is there any first aid treatment or should I contact the doctor? Please tell me. I am scared.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lulifin is an antifungal lotion. You should immediately do an eye wash with clean water, and continue this for at least 20 to 30 minutes. You can get some antibiotics steroid eye drops and apply for three times a day for 4 to 5 days. Please remember that if your vision ...  Read Full »

My eyes get red when I stop eye drops after a retinal detachment surgery. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a retinal detachment surgery 7.5 months back with silicon oil. Four months back silicon oil was removed and at the same time cataract surgery was also done. This was my right eye. The vision in the eye is 6/9 with glasses in the operated eye and 6/6 in the other one. Since ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might be suffering from inflammation, not infection. A steroid is usually given to control inflammation. The principle is to continue on the lowest possible dose of steroid which can keep inflammation in control. In the meantime, it is important to keep an eye on si...  Read Full »

May I know whether red and swollen eye with blurry vision indicate pink eye?

Query: Hi doctor, My right eye is stinging with blurry vision. It is red and a bit swollen. I am experiencing the above every day. Do I have pink eye?  Read Full »

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears as conjunctivitis, and it is of two types. They are bacterial and viral. A slit lamp examination is required to differentiate them. As these symptoms are present for a few ho...  Read Full »