Q. Is it alright to use Lastacaft eye drops after a laser cataract surgery?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

I am trying to get help for a friend who had laser cataract surgery last year. She has Lastacaft eye drops that she would like to use and would like to know if it is alright to use.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• Lastacaft (Alcaftadine) eye drops is an antiallergic drug. It usually should be used only after the advice of your doctor. If your friend suffers from ocular itching, then it is alright to use it. It will not have any side effects on the cataract surgery, but make sure you discuss with your cataract surgeon about it and then use it.
  • Also, ensure your friend does not use contact lens while on this drug as it causes contact lens discoloration.
  • It should be used only once a day. It may be associated with mild stinging but that is very transient.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|