Q. Kindly suggest an antipsychotic to fall asleep.

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

I am taking psychiatric medicines for a long period. Recently, I had been taking Sulpitac, Xet CR plus, and Pregabid NT. A few days back, I quitted all the medicines. Now I have symptoms of paranoia and insomnia. I do not want to take many medications. I need an antipsychotic to fall asleep. Please suggest.

#

As you have the symptoms of paranoia and insomnia, you can take antipsychotic such as Olanzapine or Quetiapine. It is a good option. You can start taking Olanzapine with 5 mg which can also be increased to 20 mg. Amisulpride (Sulpitac) is also a good option. But it does not have much sedation. Quetiapine can give proper sedation. As you were stable on taking Sulpitac, this can be a good option, and for sleep, you can use Clonazepam.

I also get excessive perspiration. Can it be due to Pregabid NT or Xet CR?

#

Xet CR (Paroxetine) causes excessive perspiration. However, Nortriptyline in Pregabid NT also cause the same side effects. But the dose of Nortriptyline is quite low to cause it, and it is more likely to be due to Xet CR.

|