iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPsychiatryantipsychoticsPlease suggest a good antipsychotic to have a sound sleep.

Kindly suggest an antipsychotic to fall asleep.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 4, 2018
Reviewed AtSeptember 11, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am taking psychiatric medicines for a long period. Recently, I had been taking Sulpitac, Xet CR plus, and Pregabid NT. A few days back, I quitted all the medicines. Now I have symptoms of paranoia and insomnia. I do not want to take many medications. I need an antipsychotic to fall asleep. Please suggest.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

As you have the symptoms of paranoia and insomnia, you can take antipsychotic such as Olanzapine or Quetiapine. It is a good option. You can start taking Olanzapine with 5 mg which can also be increased to 20 mg. Amisulpride (Sulpitac) is also a good option. But it does not have much sedation. Quetiapine can give proper sedation. As you were stable on taking Sulpitac, this can be a good option, and for sleep, you can use Clonazepam.

Patient's Query

Thank you doctor,

I also get excessive perspiration. Can it be due to Pregabid NT or Xet CR?


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

Xet CR (Paroxetine) causes excessive perspiration. However, Nortriptyline in Pregabid NT also cause the same side effects. But the dose of Nortriptyline is quite low to cause it, and it is more likely to be due to Xet CR.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:


Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy