Antipyretics

Why does my heart rate increase with fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel feverish for the last three days. My BP is 88/111 mmHg and heart rate is 87 to 106. Yesterday, I got fainted after some exercise and brisk walk. I am on Azitromycin, Aviral-H 40, Delip 20 and PCM.  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are feverish, it is expected to have a higher heart rate. Every grade of temperature raises 10 heartbeats more than normal. Blood pressure can be at higher values too. In this case, your body works at full capacity trying to maintain itself and eliminat...  Read Full »

My 9 months old baby has constant fever even after giving medications. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My 9-month baby girl has nine days of fever (every 6-8 hours). First four days antipyretic was given. From fifth to the eighth day, Cefixime oral was given. Ceftriaxone injection till now and the fever is not fading away. Test like CBC, CRP, Epstein Barr agar, blood culture, urine cul...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The clinical features and reports you have shown are indicative of the infection. But and the infection looks like a bacterial origin because of predominantly elevated neutrophils and CRP. The common infection in this age group are urinary tract and respiratory tract...  Read Full »

Paracetamol for Fever

Query: Hello doctor, Is fever an immune response of the body to act as defense mechanism against infection, why is Paracetamol prescribed to reduce temperature?What will be happen, if not used?  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Very much impressed by your query. Yes as you said, fever is an immune response of the body to act as defense mechanism against infection. Most of the time Paracetamol is not needed if body temperature is not crossing >102 degree F. But any temperature >102 degree...  Read Full »

How to recover from cough with fever and night sweating?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a cough and common cold for the past one week. After three days, I also had a fever, and I had sweating at night time. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your complaints and history, I would recommend you start taking Antipyretics and Antitussive soon. If you do not have any recovery from a cough within a week, then you can do a sputum test and chest X-ray for further management. You can consult a general pr...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for dengue?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been bit by a dengue mosquito yesterday. Which medicine do I need to take? What is the treatment for dengue? Please guide.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Dengue is a viral fever and there is no specific medicine for dengue. Only symptomatic treatment is recommended that is antipyretics for fever and antacids for nausea and vomiting. Take ...  Read Full »

Can tablet Diclomol decrease platelet count?

Query: Hi doctor, Can tablet Diclomol be taken to reduce temperature? Will it decrease platelet count?  Read Full »

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your question and I understand your concern. Tablet Diclomol (combination of Diclofenac and Paracetamol) is an NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) and an antipyretic. It will help to decrease the fever very well.  It has an adverse effect of reducing c...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for fever with cold in a baby.

Query: Hi doctor,My baby has a fever for five days with between 101 to 103. She is 10 month old. Doctor prescribe Paracetamol, Azithral, and Meftal P. But there is no impact now. She has a fever with a cold. Please suggest.   Read Full »

Dr. Amit Modi

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Antipyretics like Paracetamol and Meftal P (Mefenamic acid) are to be given in adequate doses to act effectively. Generally, a viral fever can last for 4 to 5 days and it can present with high-grade fever. Please let me know the weight of the child so that I can advi...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a medicine for my granny's throat pain.

Query: Hi doctor,My grandmother, who is 70 years old, is suffering from severe throat pain. She had cold, cough and fever before two days. We consulted a doctor and had medicine. Then, she was fine for a day without any fever. From yesterday afternoon, she started complaining of throat pain. She could not ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First and foremost, I like to inform you that your grandmother is having some form of infection and most probably upper respiratory tract infection. This needs to be diagnosed properly after examining her. She may not be agr...  Read Full »