Q. Can tablet Diclomol decrease platelet count?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Can tablet Diclomol be taken to reduce temperature? Will it decrease platelet count?

#

I read your question and I understand your concern.

• Tablet Diclomol (combination of Diclofenac and Paracetamol) is an NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) and an antipyretic. It will help to decrease the fever very well. 
  • It has an adverse effect of reducing cell lines in some cases, but the odds are very low for that to happen.
  • However, I would not recommend this medication for simple relief of fever when quite good and GI (gastrointestinal) friendly options like tablet Acetaminophen/Tylenol (Paracetamol) are available. 
  • Tablet Diclomol can cause gastric irritation and gastritis.
  • If you still want to prefer tablet Diclomol you can take it with adequate fluids, at least 8 to 12 ounces of water.
  • You can take it during a meal or after full stomach.

I hope it helps. For further queries, consult a family physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|