Q. Can tablet Diclomol decrease platelet count?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan
Published on Dec 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Can tablet Diclomol be taken to reduce temperature? Will it decrease platelet count?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Family Physician
#

I read your question and I understand your concern.

• Tablet Diclomol (combination of Diclofenac and Paracetamol) is an NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) and an antipyretic. It will help to decrease the fever very well. 
  • It has an adverse effect of reducing cell lines in some cases, but the odds are very low for that to happen.
  • However, I would not recommend this medication for simple relief of fever when quite good and GI (gastrointestinal) friendly options like tablet Acetaminophen/Tylenol (Paracetamol) are available. 
  • Tablet Diclomol can cause gastric irritation and gastritis.
  • If you still want to prefer tablet Diclomol you can take it with adequate fluids, at least 8 to 12 ounces of water.
  • You can take it during a meal or after full stomach.

I hope it helps. For further queries, consult a family physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

What is the treatment for dengue?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been bit by a dengue mosquito yesterday. Which medicine do I need to take? What is the treatment for dengue? Please guide.  Read Full »

Paracetamol tablets for tooth pain

Query: Hello Doctor, Can I take two Amoxicillin 500 tablets for my first dose of medicines for a tooth infection? Is there anything at home that will take the pain away?  Read Full »

If I had six Paracetamol tablets and seven of Mefenamic acid, how bad can it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. What if I have six tablets of 500 mg Paracetamol (Crocin advance) and seven tablets of 500 mg Mefenamic acid (Ponstan forte) at one go (within five minutes)? How bad will it be? What will the side effects be?  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now