Q. Can LSD, DMT, and Ecstasy trigger the borderline personality in seperation anxiety disorder?

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Anxiety Disorder or Borderline Personality Disorder? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 23 years old. I have been diagnosed in the past with (SAD) separation anxiety disorder, autism spectrum as well as ADHD. Lately, I have been harming myself and having trouble controlling my emotions. I sometimes feel as if the whole world hates my guts. Then I feel good again a little while later, sometimes soon, sometimes not even until the next day. As well as some delusions towards those closest to me. Now that I have told you a little about my self.

The question is, can separation anxiety develop into borderline personality? Can the fact that I have smoked weed almost daily for the past two to three years and occasionally from age 16 cause borderline. Or can substances like LSD, dmt, and ecstasy trigger the borderline as well? I am having a hard time believing how extreme my emotions are. Kindly advice.