Q. How do I tackle my mixed feelings of joy and despondency?

Dr. Akanksha Sharma

One minute I am fine and the next minute I just want to disappear. I have had extreme feelings of abandonment for awhile. So I now avoid any new relationships. I am currently not taking any medications for my psychological issues. I have in the past but decided a year ago to try life without them. I am sure I have a borderline personality disorder. I have been diagnosed in the past with clinical depression, but situations and life choices caused that disorder to occur. I no longer consider myself atypical depressive because I cycle between feelings of joy and despondency. I know medication is most likely my only respite, opinions?

#

I feel that you have been already diagnosed with BPD (borderline personality disorder). The moods which you face are very characteristic of this.

Depression is a likely disorder with BPD.

I would suggest you at least undergo therapy sessions for cognitive behavioral therapy if you do not wish to take medications.

Let me know if I can help you more.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|