Q. I fear a lot with increased heartbeat when I commit a mistake at work. Kindly help.

Dr. Aditya Gupta

I am a 42-year-old male. I am a business person, and whenever I commit an error or see a load pressure, I fear a lot, which leads to an increase in heartbeat, sleeplessness, diarrhea, etc. I faced the same symptoms before five years, and a local doctor prescribed me Veniz XR 37.5 and Ativan 1 mg for a month. The medicines worked wonderfully.

Now, I am facing the same problem again. Last year, I did a master checkup. Everything was fine. Please help and give some medicines to get rid of this problem. Kindly note that I had an IBS-D problem. No high BP, sugar, thyroid, etc.

#

It seems like you have an anxiety spectrum disorder. But do not worry. Treatment is possible. You need to consult a psychiatrist in person for evaluation and treatment. As earlier Veniz XR (Venlafaxine extended-release) had given good results, it would be preferable to start with the same.

Besides, the following steps can help you:

1. Avoid caffeinated drinks.

2. Regular exercise and a diet rich in antioxidants and omega fatty acids also help.

3. Practice relaxation techniques like breathing relaxation exercises daily as it will help you relax and eases your anxiety.

4. Share your feelings with family and close friends as sharing helps a lot. And music, if you like it, also helps.

|