Q. How to have a healthy life without anxiety?

Dr. Mukherjee, Koushik

I am 21 years old. Last month, I was experiencing some ringing sounds in my ears, with dizziness. It triggered my health anxiety. I convinced myself that I have MS. Now after a month, my dizziness is gone. But I have new symptoms like joints making crackling sounds (especially in my hips and shoulders). My arms and calf muscles are tight sometimes, and they hurt a lot. My hips make a loud popping sound sometimes which I have never heard it before. If I swing my leg in a circular motion, it makes a loud pop. It causes my whole body to vibrate. I am panic, and I am afraid of going to the doctor. Currently, I am taking Magnesium 200 mg daily.

#

You are suffering from generalized anxiety disorder. Your joint symptoms may occur due to vitamin D deficiency. I suggest you do a blood vitamin D level and a complete blood count. Multiple sclerosis does not happen with joint symptoms. It is a disease though commonly seen in young females, often manifest with limb weakness and cramping in one of the limbs. Multiple sclerosis can present with vertigo in case of brainstem involvement. But, it seems to be a remote possibility in your case. I suggest you take an anxiolytic for your symptoms. If the vitamin D level is found to be low, you may need a vitamin D supplementation.

|