Q. What can I do to heal my tongue ulcer?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 06, 2020

I have one white patch in my mouth. It is exactly in the front part of my tongue and it affects my daily life strongly. I am really uncomfortable and my mouth has slobbered all the time. I used to have this in the past, but I did not have for more than a year. Sometimes, it is totally white and sometimes, the color changes. I read on the internet that to wash with salt water helps. I am doing it now and it helps for a while. Now this is the 3rd day and I still have it. What can I do to make it better? I would like to receive some natural home remedies. Also, I am fine with medicine suggestion as well.

#

• How many ulcers are there in your mouth? Exactly, how long it has been there?
  • Do you have any genital ulcer? Is it painful or painless?
  • Are you suffering from any joint pain?
  • I am looking forward for your response in order to help you.

Revert back with the answers to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have just one. This is the third day. There is no genital ulcer. I cannot say it is painful unless I eat something or touch my teeth. I have attached the photo for your reference.

#

• I suggest you the following medications. I am writing the composition of medicines so that you would not have difficulty in finding them.
  1. Apply Fluocinonide gel twice daily.
  2. Vitamin B complex capsules one daily
  3. Dapsone 150 mg once at night
  4. Chlorhexidine mouth wash.
  • Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and then take the medicine with consent and follow up after 10 days.

Revert back after 10 days to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|