Arterial Doppler

Is having severe leg pain during pregnancy normal?

Query: Hello doctor, There is a complaint of severe pain in both the legs in my wife who is 14 weeks pregnant. She is unable to sleep due to the pain. All ANC check and blood tests are fine. This is the second pregnancy. She has complaints of a lot of pain in her legs on both sides, more on the right leg....  Read Full »

Dr. Karthic Babu Natarajan

Anesthesiologist, Pain Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To tell you the truth, I need more information or examine the patient to come to an accurate diagnosis. Differential diagnosis includes vascular problems for which we can consider a venous/arterial doppler. Probable diagnosis is a pregnancy-related lumbar strain wh...  Read Full »

What is the relationship between TAPSE and S' velocity?

Query: Hello doctor,I recently had an echo and my TAPSE was only 1.8 cm. My RV S' velocity was 16 cm. They said the right ventricle was normal in systolic function and size. I read online that a TAPSE of less than 2 cm is abnormal. I am concerned about the value.  Read Full »

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Different sources give different values. But a value of 18 is definitely normal. For further queries consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist  Read Full »

Can you go through my penile Doppler reports and tell me if there is a problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to know about the penile color Doppler of the cavernosal arteries in erectile dysfunction. The color Doppler of cavernosal arteries was done after an intracavernosal injection of 0.8 ml of Papaverine (30 mg/ml) into the right corpus cavernosum. The initial diameter of the caver...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Often, the color Doppler of cavernosal arteries gives an erroneous result if there is a lack of psychological stimulation. Hence many laboratories use erotic visual stimulation. Having said this, a PSV (peak systolic velocity) of 30 cm/sec is considered normal, but 25 ...  Read Full »

How to check if the blood flow to my hand is normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel like there is reduced blood flow to my hand. When I place my hand downwards, I can feel the blood flowing into my hand.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Confirming the finding of a reduced blood flow to the hand is done by a simple test. Just press the tip of the finger and when you release the pressure, the color of the finger should return to normal in less than three seconds. You can get an arterial Doppler of the...  Read Full »