Q. I am scheduled for a joint block injection in my right foot due to arthritis pain. Will it pain a lot?

Dr. Mohan Krishna
Published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Sep 11, 2019

I am scheduled for a joint block injection in my right foot due to arthritis pain. Will I be able to drive home myself from my appointment or do I need to take someone with me?

Dr. Mohan Krishna

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

The injection given for the joint block for arthritis contains some local anesthetic. So, you may not feel pain at least for half an hour to one hour. You will be able to drive the car.

But as soon as you reach home, keep your leg elevated and apply some ice packs as it may bother you that evening. Hope it helps.

For further clarifications consult an orthopaedician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

| 

Ayurvedic Home Remedies for General Ailments

Article Overview: Some of the ayurvedic herbs are easily available at our home. Simple home remedies handmade from such herbs can prevent and alleviate some of the common health problems. Some of these remedies have been listed in this article. Read Article

Dr. Raman Kaushik

To create awareness about some of the useful ayurvedic remedies, this article includes simple home remedies, especially to prevent common health problems at their initial stage itself. Some of these are as follows: Seasonal cough and cold - Take eight to 10 leaves of tulsi (Ocimum sanctum), a pinch...  Read Article

Why am I having swelling and pain in the joints with disability to walk?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having severe joint pains for two days. Initially, I had a fever. but now it has subsided but unable to move or walk freely as all joints seemed swollen.  Read Full »

What can cause on and off feet swelling and fluid leak in diabetics?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is for my dad who is 75 years. In the last two months, one week he has been housebound and the initial one month, he was completely bedridden. He slipped twice on the first day. That is how it all started. His right leg could not carry the weight of his body. He is approx 1...  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now