Q. I am scheduled for a joint block injection in my right foot due to arthritis pain. Will it pain a lot?

Dr. Mohan Krishna

I am scheduled for a joint block injection in my right foot due to arthritis pain. Will I be able to drive home myself from my appointment or do I need to take someone with me?

Do you have a question on Arthritis Pain or Joint Block Injection?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Mohan Krishna

M.B.B.S., M.S.ORTHOPEDICS., MCH ORTH (U.K
Orthopedics And Traumatology

The injection given for the joint block for arthritis contains some local anesthetic. So, you may not feel pain at least for half an hour to one hour. You will be able to drive the car.

But as soon as you reach home, keep your leg elevated and apply some ice packs as it may bother you that evening. Hope it helps.

For further clarifications consult an orthopaedician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

Ayurvedic Home Remedies for General Ailments
Article Overview: Some of the ayurvedic herbs are easily available at our home. Simple home remedies handmade from such herbs can prevent and alleviate some of the common health problems. Some of these remedies have been listed in this article.  Read Article »
Dr. Raman Kaushik

To create awareness about some of the useful ayurvedic remedies, this article includes simple home remedies, especially to prevent common health problems at their initial stage itself. Some of these are as follows: Seasonal cough and cold - Take eight to 10 leaves of tulsi (Ocimum sanctum), a pinch ...  Read Article »

Why am I having swelling and pain in the joints with disability to walk?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having severe joint pains for two days. Initially, I had a fever. but now it has subsided but unable to move or walk freely as all joints seemed swollen.  Read Full »
Dr. Ella Maponya
General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acute generalized joint pain is an uncomfortable problem that needs attention as soon as possible especially because you are unable to move or walk freely. Diseases that can cause the kind of joint pain you are having include Gout where uric acid forms crystals that dep...  Read Full »

What can cause on and off feet swelling and fluid leak in diabetics?
Query: Hello doctor, This query is for my dad who is 75 years. In the last two months, one week he has been housebound and the initial one month, he was completely bedridden. He slipped twice on the first day. That is how it all started. His right leg could not carry the weight of his body. He is approx 1...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. He needs to be seen by a podiatric surgeon, or a surgeon who deals with foot care. Being an elderly diabetic with limb swelling, it is always safe to get a Doppler (both arterial and venous) of the limbs done. Arterial doppler rules out any block or reduced flow an...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now