Q. I am scheduled for a joint block injection in my right foot due to arthritis pain. Will it pain a lot?

Dr. Mohan Krishna
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am scheduled for a joint block injection in my right foot due to arthritis pain. Will I be able to drive home myself from my appointment or do I need to take someone with me?

#

The injection given for the joint block for arthritis contains some local anesthetic. So, you may not feel pain at least for half an hour to one hour. You will be able to drive the car.

But as soon as you reach home, keep your leg elevated and apply some ice packs as it may bother you that evening. Hope it helps.

For further clarifications consult an orthopaedician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|