Q. What is the reason for cold feet three weeks after hip arthroscopy?

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

I had a hip arthroscopy three weeks ago and today, my feet are very cold with no other symptoms. No symptoms prior to today. Could this be a result of the surgery or something else?

#

I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms are not related to the arthroscopy. A possible deep vein thrombosis could cause these symptoms. Do you see any change in the color (pale or bluish) in your legs? Can you feel the pulse on the dorsal part of your foot whenever touching? I recommend trying to move your legs, and wear warm socks. If your situation worsens, and you experience pain, inability to walk, swelling or changes in the color of your legs skin, I recommend going to the ER for a physical exam and a Doppler ultrasound of the leg vessels. I remain at your disposal for any further questions.

Everything is normal. Just cold feet. None of the symptoms of DVT you mentioned. I was worried about neuropathy.

#

There is no reason to worry about neuropathy. So, just relax and do not worry about it. Try to keep your legs warm and closely monitor your blood pressure and body temperature. Low blood pressure can lead to cold feet.

|