Arthroscopy

What is the treatment for a tear in the knee joint?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small tear in the knee joint, but the doctor advised me for arthroscopy. How to manage this problem? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are telling me about a meniscal tear in the knee joint, then a grade 1 and grade 2 tears of the meniscus can be managed with physiotherapy alone. Grade 3 tear will require an arthroscopic trimming of the meniscus or else your pain and swelling will keep coming back...  Read Full »

Can you please give a second opinion for knee surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. When I met with an accident before six years my left leg below knee got injured and the doctors has done wrong surgery. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me details of the accident and the surgery done, so that I can help you further. Please also send me the current x-ray pictures and name of the surgical procedure done. Revert back with reports and more detailed history to an orthopaedician and traumatol...  Read Full »

Can knee arthroscopy cause scoliosis and pain?

Query: Hello doctor,I have mild scoliosis convex to the left and was wondering if a left knee arthroscopy can be the cause of my posture and/or pain issues. For example, sitting, standing. Also, having scoliosis, would that cause a blood clot (pulmonary embolism) after this surgery? With being a severe ast...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Scoliosis is a structural problem and knee pain will not cause this. Arthroscopy can rarely lead to a clot formation but is not necessarily a known risk factor for DVT (deep vein thrombosis) as you are likely to mobilize very quickly and the procedure is usually shor...  Read Full »

Why Am I Experiencing Ankle Pain After Two Years Of Arthroscopic Surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, About two years back, I had an arthroscopic surgery (OCD MTD) for my ankle because of a previous injury. At first, my ankle got better, but now it is starting to get worse. As I am experiencing a lot of pain and difficulty in walking, I got an MRI done. Please see the results. Can you ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have only mentioned about the arthroscopic ankle surgery and have not provided the details, it is difficult to comment on your problem. I do not have the details of what surgery was done in your case as in was there an attempt to fill the defect. So, it will be bet...  Read Full »

How should I tape my shoulder to avoid dislocation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I was wondering due to my shoulder being really bad and after doing surgery and still, even after that I am always dislocating it. I have been trying to tape it but I am not 100 % sure how to do that, so it will minimize the chances of it dislocating while snowboarding...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. In your case, taping can help you little in stabilizing the joint. However, Kinesio tape helps you to recruit or inhibit muscle and is of less help in providing stability to the joint. If you want to tape, then go for rigid tape. If you were my pati...  Read Full »

How long will it take to recover completely from ACL injury?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister met an accident before four months. Now, she is suffering from ACL injury. According to the doctor's suggestion, she did POP for a month followed by arthroscopy. She is following the exercise under the supervision of a physiotherapist post arthroscopy. She can find recovery, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, it takes three months to have complete recovery after arthroscopy with good physiotherapy done regularly. Physiotherapy includes quadriceps strengthening, hamstring stretching, and strengthening, full weight-bearing walking with a hinged knee brace, and knee be...  Read Full »

Why are my feet cold three weeks after hip arthroscopy?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a hip arthroscopy three weeks ago and today, my feet are very cold with no other symptoms. No symptoms prior to today. Could this be a result of the surgery or something else?  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms are not related to the arthroscopy. A possible deep vein thrombosis could cause these symptoms. Do you see any change in the color (pale or bluish) in your legs? Can you feel the pulse on the dorsal part ...  Read Full »

Why do I hear clicking sound only when I twist my knee?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old and a triathlete. 3 months ago, I suffered from knee pain. Doctor checked McMurray test, and Apley grind test result was negative. Only when I twist (rotate) my knee I hear some clicking or popping sound. I took MRI and the result was shown anterior torn of lateral...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to assist you. It looks like you injured your knee three months ago during an athletic activity, and have been having some mechanical symptoms of clicking and popping since then. Since the knee pain has come down, it is likely tha...  Read Full »

How long can I expect the shoulder pain to last after rotator cuff repair?

Query: Hello doctor, I had arthroscopy surgery of my right shoulder approximately five weeks ago. The surgeon repaired a rotator cuff tear, labrum tear, released one bicep tendon and did not reattach it, and subacromial decompression. The pain is still intense, and I am taking Oxycodone. I just started pas...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, arthroscopic shoulder rotator cuff repairs can be quite a difficult task post-operatively especially, after the physiotherapy is started. The pain and stiffness usually get better after a month of starting physiotherapy. So, rest after surgery combined with physiot...  Read Full »

My shoulder has slipped multiple times during sport. What do I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a softball player and my position is the catcher. I have been playing my position for two years and in these two years, my left shoulder has partially slipped at least 50 times or more. It has been bothering me a lot even when I am not doing anything. What do I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For recurrent shoulder dislocation, you need further investigation and treatment. MRI might show Hill-Sachs lesion or Bankart lesion which are injuries of the shoulder joint due to repeated dislocations. Hill-Sachs injury is a bony defect and you may need invest...  Read Full »