Artificial Progesterone

I am pregnant and my urine had an orange discharge with beige solid pieces. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a query regarding a possible miscarriage. I am five weeks pregnant and I woke up with abdominal pain and found a discharge in my urine that looks like small pieces of solids (beige color with a fluid inside) and with small pieces of what looks like tissue. There was no blood an...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Family Physician, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, this is the effect of the medicine. The discharge normally increases during pregnancy. And, if you are using vaginal suppositories, it may be because of staining. If the ultrasound shows everything is normal, then do not worry as your beta hCG (human ...  Read Full »

My pregnant wife passed a little blood. Is it a sign of miscarriage?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife tested positive for pregnancy four weeks ago. Three days later, she was passing a little blood. Is that normal or is there a chance of miscarriage? Is Progesterone 200 mg a good tablet or is it because of this tablet that she is passing blood? Please advice.  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing ? Usually in the initial few days of pregnancy, you may experience implantation bleeding. The blood that is released from the uterine lining when the embryo penetrates into the uterine lining may be released as few drops of fresh blood or as brown-col...  Read Full »

I do not have bleeding even after taking Primolut-N. Do I need to worry about pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex with my partner on the 25th two months ago, and the expected date of my period was on the 19th of the same month. I gulped down an I-pill within six hours. Later, I had withdrawal bleeding on the 1st of last month. The bleeding lasted for three days. This month, m...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As the hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test was negative, there is no chance of pregnancy for sure. Because hCG is the most sensitive and conclusive test. There was no apparent requirement for taking Primolut-N (Norethisterone) at all when the hCG test was negative...  Read Full »

In frozen embryo procedure, are shots necessary or will suppositories do?

Query: Hello doctor, When doing a frozen embryo transfer cycle, is it absolutely necessary to use progesterone in oil shots or will the suppositories work the same?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I am sure it is the painful pricks that is making you ask this query. It is the belief of the treating doctor, that a particular type of Progesterone is more effective. So, based on the doctor's experience, the different routes of Progesterone a...  Read Full »

My friend did not have any bleeding after taking an I-pill. Is there anything to worry?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend and I had sex on the 29th of last month. Her last periods started on the 15th of last month. We used a condom the whole time, but I was worried there could have been a leak and got her an I-pill within 18 hours of intercourse. She has had no bleeding whatsoever sin...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? The act of sex was on day-15 of the period, that is, very close to the ovulation date. But as you said that a condom had been used all the time and you only have a doubt of spill, the chances of a pregnancy is very very low. As the pill was taken ...  Read Full »