Asherman's Syndrome

After a miscarriage, why do I not bleed and only have thick brown discharge during periods?

Query: Hi I had miscarriage & then abortion in hospital a year back. After that till now I have periods every month same timing like 26 days. But no bleeding at all. Only thick brown discharge 2 drops in a day and it only lasts 2 days. I used to have very heavy 5-6 days periods. I am 37 years old. I do...  Read Full »

Dr. Lorena Zijaj

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniaq.com I understand your concer . After an D& C abortion happens that inside the uterus forms scar tissues or adhesions ,it calls the Asherman Syndrome The majority of woman having these syndrome ,have few or no period .Sometimes woman mestruating but the blood is unable to ...  Read Full »

Why is my period light after an abortion?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I had an abortion 6 months ago using the suction method. Since then, my period has been very light and lasts only a day. I had an abortion earlier too using the same method and did not experience anything as such. What could be the problem? What do you advise for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. The symptoms you described indicate that it is due to either estrogen deficiency or a condition called Asherman's syndrome (adhesion or fibrosis of the endometrium after dilation and curettage). Though this is uncommon after an abortion by s...  Read Full »

How to improve my endometrial thickness to get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 32 and my husband is 37. We are married for 9 years and I have been trying for conception since 8 years. I did conceive last year, but the heartbeat was not seen. So, I underwent D and C. Till last year my period was regular. But, it became very scanty after D and C. Also, my...  Read Full »

Dr. Archana Sundarka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your anxiety. I have read your problems and your husband's report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that your problem could be due to vigorous curettage (dilation and curettage) or due to endometrial infection, such as tuberculos...  Read Full »

Will adhesiolysis helps to conceive?

Query: Hi doctor, Previously, my wife had D and C twice. Also, she consulted doctor a few times for her gynecological problems. At present, she is unable to conceive. I am enclosing the preliminary reports (USG) for your opinion and suggestion. Here, our doctor advised hysteroscopy and adhesiolysis through...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your wife's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They have started her with Folic acid supplements and Ecosprin (Aspirin), which is a very intelligent treatment and helps her in conception. So, please continue taking those med...  Read Full »