Q. How to improve my endometrial thickness to get pregnant?

Dr. Archana Sundarka

My age is 32 and my husband is 37. We are married for 9 years and I have been trying for conception since 8 years. I did conceive last year, but the heartbeat was not seen. So, I underwent D and C. Till last year my period was regular. But, it became very scanty after D and C. Also, my endometrial thickness is growing only 5 mm after D and C. At present, I am taking Ubiphene 50 mg tablet for ovulation and Harmoni F and Duphaston 10 mg from day 15 of my cycle. After taking this medication also my endometrial thickness did not increase. What should I do now? Is there any way to improve my endometrial thickness to get pregnant?

Dr. Archana Sundarka

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I can understand your anxiety. I have read your problems and your husband's report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It seems that your problem could be due to vigorous curettage (dilation and curettage) or due to endometrial infection, such as tuberculosis. You need further investigations.

Asherman's syndrome.

Hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy just before your menstrual period to rule out adhesions and tuberculosis.

1. Asherman's syndrome.
2. Endometrial TB.

I suggest Ovral G (Levonorgestrel and Ethinylestradiol) for three cycles to allow the growth of endometrium. Further treatments depend upon your hysteroscopy and biopsy findings. While taking Ovral, you will not conceive. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

Try to reduce your weight and avoid fatty food.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|