Q. Will adhesiolysis helps to conceive?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on May 14, 2018

Previously, my wife had D and C twice. Also, she consulted doctor a few times for her gynecological problems. At present, she is unable to conceive. I am enclosing the preliminary reports (USG) for your opinion and suggestion. Here, our doctor advised hysteroscopy and adhesiolysis through laser surgical treatment. Kindly advise whether the findings and treatment are going in the right direction. We have one daughter.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through your wife's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• They have started her with Folic acid supplements and Ecosprin (Aspirin), which is a very intelligent treatment and helps her in conception. So, please continue taking those medications.
  • However, the scan shows a few hyperechoes at the fundus and are doubtful about Asherman's syndrome (intrauterine adhesion), which means that there are a few adhesions and because of which there is a problem with conception.
  • In such cases, it is always better to get a hysteroscopy done. Laser adhesiolysis is very good decision, because once the adhesions are released, then the chance of pregnancy increases.
  • My humble advice will be to go ahead with the procedure. Wishing you all the success and best of luck.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

How long does it take for the endometrium lining to grow?

Query: Hello doctor, I am trying to conceive. My endometrium lining is showing as 1.8 mm and follicles of left ovary is 9.4 mm on 8th day and 16.1 mm on 10th day of my menses. I would like to know why has my endometrium lining decreased to this extent? Nine months back, I was pregnant but it led to a miss...  Read Full »

After abortion, my wife is bleeding from anus. How to manage?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife was admitted to hospital due to incomplete abortion and dengue fever NS1 reactive. She had 6 weeks pregnancy. Doctor has done surgical abortion and it was found dengue fever after blood test. She was admitted for three days. Her initial platelet count was 150000 and later 180000, ...  Read Full »

How to improve my endometrial thickness to get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 32 and my husband is 37. We are married for 9 years and I have been trying for conception since 8 years. I did conceive last year, but the heartbeat was not seen. So, I underwent D and C. Till last year my period was regular. But, it became very scanty after D and C. Also, my...  Read Full »