Q. Will adhesiolysis helps to conceive?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Previously, my wife had D and C twice. Also, she consulted doctor a few times for her gynecological problems. At present, she is unable to conceive. I am enclosing the preliminary reports (USG) for your opinion and suggestion. Here, our doctor advised hysteroscopy and adhesiolysis through laser surgical treatment. Kindly advise whether the findings and treatment are going in the right direction. We have one daughter.

#

I have gone through your wife's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• They have started her with Folic acid supplements and Ecosprin (Aspirin), which is a very intelligent treatment and helps her in conception. So, please continue taking those medications.
  • However, the scan shows a few hyperechoes at the fundus and are doubtful about Asherman's syndrome (intrauterine adhesion), which means that there are a few adhesions and because of which there is a problem with conception.
  • In such cases, it is always better to get a hysteroscopy done. Laser adhesiolysis is very good decision, because once the adhesions are released, then the chance of pregnancy increases.
  • My humble advice will be to go ahead with the procedure. Wishing you all the success and best of luck.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|