Q. What are my chances of becoming a father?

Dr. Shahil Khant

I am a 32 year old male married for five years. My wife and I are trying for a baby for the last two and a half years with no luck. My wife had gone for an HSG and other tests and her reports are all good. My semen analysis was fine too. We had gone for IUI thrice with no luck. Now, four days back, I had gone for a computer-assisted semen analysis (DFI) and the results were shocking. I was diagnosed with asthenoteratozoospermia. Please find attached my detailed report. Please let me know if there is any chance of me becoming a dad. I am heartbroken. I did doppler scrotal, anti-sperm antibody, testosterone two years back and the reports were alright then. Should I take Zinc or Vitamin supplements? How is my chance with ICSI (IVF)? Should I do any chromosome related screening test? Please advise.

#

I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As per your report, you have asthenoteratozoospermia.

• Also, your report shows pus cells.
  • Now, I suggest the following: 
  1. Get a semen culture done to rule out an infection in the semen which may cause asthenoteratozoospermia. 
  2. Yes, you can definitely try tablets to improve the fertility.  I suggest you take tablet Popson (Coenzyme Q10), one tablet twice daily for three months. 
  3. As your wife's reports are normal, there are good chances that she will conceive with ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection). But, try ICSI after three months. 
  4. If there is an infection in the semen report, you will require antibiotics
  5. Also, antibody tests like MAR (mixed antiglobulin reaction) or IBT (immunobead test) is recommended to know the exact cause of the problem.

For more information consult an andrologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/andrologist

|