Q. Are there abnormalities in my semen analysis reports?

Dr. Deepti Verma

Please find my semen analysis results attached. Are there any abnormalities? And, if so, what is the treatment to be done?

Dr. Deepti Verma

Fetal Medicine Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. I have reviewed the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The semen count is normal, but the motility is decreased. Motility can be decreased in an infection or if there is a deficiency of coenzyme Q10.
  • You should get a semen culture and sensitivity test done. If an infection is present, then antibiotics will be given.
  • Moreover, coenzyme Q10 should be started for three months.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Will this cause a difficulty when I plan for a baby? I had a problem of itching in the penis. The doctor suggested taking Levobact, Nuforce Gm and Fusys tablet. Is coenzyme Q10 is a medicine?

Dr. Deepti Verma

#

• You can father a child after proper treatment. Antibiotics should be taken as advised.
  • Coenzyme Q10 is a supplement which is available as CoQ-10. You can take it once a day for three months.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|