Q. Can an air purifier harm the natural immunity of a child?

Dr. Abaranam Innaci
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 19, 2022

I have a 3-year-old daughter. I am planning to buy a non-ozone based air purifier for her. I want to know if an air purifier harms or impacts the natural immune system of a child?

#

Air purifiers are used for the purpose of filtration of particulate matter, which is not filtered by the lungs.

They actually purify the air and avoid harmful dust. So, I suggest you can use it.

However, consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her, and with their consent, use it.

The studies show that air filters reduce the oxidative stress children have. So, it is good.

|