Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Can allergic asthma turn into permanent asthma?

Answered by
Dr. Kartik Sood
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 04, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 20, 2019

Hello doctor,

I am 29 years old now. I have allergic asthma for last 6 to 7 years but in very mild form (mild suffocation and coughing for 2 to 3 days, once in three months). It used to get triggered by an old house (old book or newspaper dust) or distemper and paints or orange flavored drinks. But since last one month, frequency and magnitude both have increased. Yesterday, for no possible reason known to me, it got triggered.

My query is can such allergic asthma turn into permanent asthma? I want to avoid any long-term course until extremely important. What is my option to tackle or control and reduce above symptoms, with mostly home remedies, diet control exercise and minimum synthetic medicines? Nose bleeding in childhood, frequent nasal blockage till the age of 21.

Dr. Kartik Sood

Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)


Welcome to

As per your symptoms, you are suffering from bronchial asthma with allergic rhinitis, but you need to confirm this by doing a spirometry with reversibility test.

Asthma is a disease related to hypersensitivity of our respiratory system to some allergens which cause triggering, inflammation in the respiratory mucosa. Undoubtedly you need to take medications else symptoms will get worse as your age advances. So visit a chest physician. I am a practicing chest specialist so I know the pros and cons of the disease.

See this asthma is a genetic disease acquired during childhood, and any genetic disease means in genes and currently we in our medical field we are under research for a permanent cure like answers in this genetic diseases field, so my opinion would be visiting a pulmonologist or a chest physician for proper work up and guidance. Chest physician can do a spirometry and total serum IgE levels and as per your need will prescribe you some inhaled medications like long-acting beta 2 agonists and inhaled corticosteroids and maybe some oral steroids as per need which can help you with minimum side effects. Maybe you will need those medications for some duration like three months a year at maybe long or on changing seasons.

For more information consult a pulmonologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Can herbal capsules be given with allopathic medicine for child with allergic rhinitis?
Can allergic asthma turn into permanent asthma?
My asthmatic mother's X-ray is negative for TB. What else this could be?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

My 3.3 year old son has allergic rhinitis. Can I use Budecord inhaler?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 3.3 years old. Last year, he had three episodes of allergic rhinitis and one episode of allergic conjunctivitis. This year, our pediatrician asked us to get an allergy test done, and he put my son on Momeflo, Nukast 4, and Levolin inhaler. We found out that he is allergic to...  Read Full »

How to Stop Nose Bleeds?

Article Overview: Bleeding from the nose or epistaxis is a very common condition and usually nothing to worry about. This article discusses the steps for managing an active nose bleed. Read Article

Dr. Jagdish Chaturvedi
ENT Otolaryngologist

Why does the Nose Bleed? It is common in children during hot and dry weather conditions.  Bleeding of up to 50-100 mL is common in bleeding due to dryness. This happens because of disturbance in the mucociliary clearance which means that the hair like cells that form the ...  Read Article

What to Do If You or Your Child Suddenly Start Bleeding from the Nose?

Article Overview: Epistaxis is a common medical condition, bringing the patient to the ER. If the bleeding is profuse, it can be life-threatening. One needs to be aware of the causes and the immediate first-aid to be given in such cases. Read Article

Dr. Vaishali Mehta
ENT Otolaryngologist

Epistaxis means bleeding from the nose. Nasal bleeding can occur due to various reasons. In a child with a habit of nose picking, it is not uncommon for the nose to bleed. An adolescent male bleeding profusely should be investigated to rule out a tumor called angiofibroma. In an elderly person, a r...  Read Article

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Pulmonologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.