Q. What can be done to improve immunity in 4 years kid?

Dr. Rakesh Radheshyam Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 08, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My daughter is 4 years and 2 months old. She develops a very bad cough and then along with fever in a day or two. She had a wheezing problem previously so the doctor had prescribed to give Budecort and Levolin puffs or nebulization. So every time when she develops this kind of a dry cough, I am not able to differentiate whether it is just a dry cough or wheezing related. Her cough kind of gets worse in two days and also while sleeping, she coughs continuously. My doctor has suggested giving Ascoril LS and if a cough does not subside then try giving Levolin. What medication should be followed? Also, Metal-P has to be given if the fever crosses 101 but my concern is which thermometer has to be followed. The touch thermometer or the digital one as both show different readings. She gets a fever every six months and we end up admitting her for high-grade fever. What should I do to improve her immunity? She has also started complaining of leg pain once in 2 or 3 months and I was told it is growth pain. Is it of any concern and is there anything that I can follow to prevent it?

Dr. Rakesh Radheshyam Gupta

Child Health Paediatrics Pediatric Allergy/Asthma Specialist
#

If you say it is a dry cough, Levolin (Levosalbutamol sulfate) nebulization is not required. This could be allergic also. Also, children have a fever off and on. It could be viral till 5 years of age. After that, their immunity becomes well. Use glass thermometer and follow that only. Do not confuse. Also, if her activity and diet are well, no need to worry. Many allergic children have a cough off and on for 6 years of age. Then they become fine

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|