Q. How to get rid of glasses?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 25, 2019

I am 24 years old. I have vision problem. I am unable to read books for more than half an hour. Also, I am not able to read for 10 minutes in computer. In my right eye the cylindrical power is -1 at axis 130 and in the left eye the cylindrical power was -0.75 at axis 40. What is the best way to recover my eyesight? Currently, I wear glasses and so I am not getting any headache. But, I do not want to use glasses. Kindly tell me some advice to recover my eyesight. Also, recommend the diet, which will be more helpful to improve my vision.

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• You have got astigmatism. It can be corrected by glasses or contact lenses.
  • If you want to get rid of glasses, then there are different laser procedures like PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) or Femto-Lasik surgery. They are very safe and simple procedures.
  • But, for the above procedure your vision should be stable. It means your glass number should not be changed at least for the last one year.
  • If your number is stable, then you need to have some tests called corneal topography. It can be done through Orbscan or Pentacam or Galilei scan. After that, your eye doctor will decide about laser surgery.
  • Your glass number is not too much and so it can easily be corrected by laser.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

Is it normal to have burning eyes after Lasik?

Query: Hi doctor, I had LASIK done for my eyes two months back. My vision is all right but, I feel a burning sensation at the corners of the eyes (corners from where tear comes). After 20 days of LASIK, (back then) whenever I put any eye drops my eyes started burning. Due to the burning sensation, my eyes ...  Read Full »

Suggest ayurvedic treatment for vision problems and fibrocystic mastopathy.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 61 years old and I am 165 cm. I weigh 55 kg. I was found to have the small formation of microcalcinates in the left mammary gland. It was operated and cancer was not found. Diagnosis after surgery was fibrocystic mastopathy. Could you recommend treatment for preventing this proble...  Read Full »

Is it alright to have sex three days after a laser eye surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a pan-retinal photocoagulation laser (PRP laser) in my retina about three or four days ago. Can I have sexual intercourse after this treatment or is it safer to wait?  Read Full »