Q. I got toric lenses to correct astigmatism. Can I switch to regular lenses?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

I got toric lenses to correct my astigmatism. Can I switch to regular eye lenses? I want to have colored eye lenses, but it is not available in toric lenses. And how long will it take to correct astigmatism?

#

You have not mentioned how much astigmatism you got. If it is negligible, then it will be fine with the spherical lens only. If it is significantly high, then you must need toric lenses. You can get a customized contact lens from some good optician or lens dispensing shop according to your refractive error and color of your choice. Usually, refractive error changes up to 20 to 22 years of age. Astigmatism or cylindrical number is less likely to correct automatically with age. But you can get laser treatment for refractive error correction after 20 to 22 years of age or when your refraction is stable for up to 6 to 12 months.

|