Astigmatism

Is it necessary to wear glasses regularly for patients with astigmatism?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a short-sight and -0.5 diopters in both eyes and slight astigmatism in the left eye. So I wonder whether I need to wear these glasses all day or only when needed? I wonder what is better for my eyes, in which case it is less likely that I will increase diopter? What is better, if...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from the history that you are having mild myopia of -0.5 dioptres in both the eyes with mild astigmatism in the left eye. Since the refractive error is significantly less, you can wear the glasses only when you need but try to wear as more as possible. There...  Read Full »

What can cause unequal pupil size?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed that one of my pupils is slightly bigger than the other. I have also consulted a doctor for this. From what I saw, both are responding to light. I also have to point out that recently I have consulted a doctor, and now I have astigmatism glasses. The doctor said nothing ab...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing in. I have noted that you are concerned about the size of your pupils. It can some times happen if one has had an injury to that eye in the past. And can also occur if you have a large difference in the spectacle power between the eyes. Certain pa...  Read Full »

How to recover my eyesight?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem with my left eye called astigmatism. My vision without glass is 1/10 and with glass it is just 3/10.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me your investigation report and other relevant details to comment further.Revert back with the reports to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist  Read Full »

I have astigmatism and occasional peripheral vision shadow. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old male. I have been to a few ophthalmologists about this and they seem to think it is benign. But I want to get some other input on this. If I widen my eyes and move my head around, I can see shadows in my far peripheral vision moving as my head does. And it seems tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you are describing is most probably breaks in the gel shaped part of the eye and is called floaters. It is a normal and physiological condition that we see in patients that have refractive errors and have no significant consequences. If these symptoms persist an...  Read Full »

How to get rid of glasses?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have vision problem. I am unable to read books for more than half an hour. Also, I am not able to read for 10 minutes in computer. In my right eye the cylindrical power is -1 at axis 130 and in the left eye the cylindrical power was -0.75 at axis 40. What is the best ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got astigmatism. It can be corrected by glasses or contact lenses. If you want to get rid of glasses, then there are different laser procedures like PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) or Femto-Lasik surgery. They are very safe and simple procedures. But, for the ...  Read Full »

My OD eye vision is more blurry after placing lens. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a mild irregular cornea OD eye. I was being fitted with a brand new soft lens Flexlens Arc. nine months back. When the lens was placed in my OD eye, it severely burnt my eye. It was red, swollen, painful and tearing. The technician flushed it out but I could not open the eye...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there could be an infection (conjunctivitis or keratitis), get it examined what it is and start treatment. Stop wearing contact lens until it is healed. Your OD damage have to be confirmed by examination. Vision will be regained gradually when it is healed. Cons...  Read Full »

I am using toric lenses for astigmatism. How long will it take to correct astigmatism?

Query: Hello doctor, I got toric lenses to correct my astigmatism. Can I switch to regular eye lenses? I want to have colored eye lenses, but it is not available in toric lenses. And how long will it take to correct astigmatism?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned how much astigmatism you got. If it is negligible, then it will be fine with the spherical lens only. If it is significantly high, then you must need toric lenses. You can get a customized contact lens from some good optician or lens dispensing...  Read Full »

I have glaucoma and astigmatism. How can the vision and headaches be cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 48 years old, female. I have been diagnosed with starting glaucoma and I have all OCT scans and glaucoma screening results. I would like to know what precisely is happening with my eye. I had a bad vision already for 3 to 4 years and was wearing glasses but now it is not comfortable...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. OCT is normal. Glaucoma is in very early stage (attachment removed to protect patient identity) but you have not mentioned your intraocular pressure forastigmatism. I would suggest these options: 1. Toric contact lenses. A non-surgical procedure but contact lenses requ...  Read Full »

Trial lenses did not correct astigmation. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I just went to an optometrist yesterday and they gave me a contact lens prescription of -6.00 for both eyes. For 30 years, I have always had different strengths, both with astigmatism usually going up a bit each year to the last one 18 months ago which was: Left -4.50 -.75 160 8.6 ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If someone has an astigmatism and that too upto 2.5 diopter, it is rare that it is reversed. But sometimes optometrist can add astigmatic power in spherical power that is called spherical equivalent. In such cases half the power of cylinder is added to spherical power. ...  Read Full »

Will a regular contact lens cause eye damage in astigmatism?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a very blurred vision due to high eye grade and astigmatism. My left eye is 225, and the right eye is 675. I am planning to get a pair of contact lenses, but the special lenses are a bit pricey. Will it damage my eyesight if I am going to choose regular contact lenses?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In general, contact lenses are only meant for occasional use and cannot be used every day. In case you meant the special lenses have higher oxygen permeability and help your cornea stay healthy, please go ahead with those. The best option to remain permanently free f...  Read Full »