Q. Does atorvastatin cause weight loss?

Dr. Rohit Jain
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Does Atorvastatin cause weight loss?

#

• Atorvastatin itself does not cause any weight loss.
  • It is an anti lipid drug which lowers your lipids in blood that means, it will decrease chances of heart blockage.
  • And you will not loose any weight because of atorvastatin itself.
  • There can be minor side effects with Atorvastatin such as constipation, fatigue, etc.

Consult a cardiologist online for further queries regarding Atorvastatin --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|