Attention Deficit

How to overcome my attention problems?

Query: I am an 18-year-old student. For most of my life, I've always struggled with attention problems and I can, to a very high degree, associate a lot of what I'm experiencing with symptoms of ADHD/ADD. I've done a good job for most of my life covering it up and using the excuse of 'it's just a phase, I'...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq - I note that you have been troubled by difficulties with attention since your childhood. ADD/ADHD may be a possibility and thorough evaluation will be needed to clarify the diagnosis - Usually assessment will include getting information from you, developmental history f...  Read Full »

I am not able to concentrate while studying. What is the problem with me?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not able to concentrate while studying. What is the problem with me?  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There could be many reasons for this issue. If you always had problems with concentration, and not just while studying, but have a short attention span, it could be attention deficit disorder. If the problem is of recent origin and you are getting stressed out with t...  Read Full »

Can toxic mold in the air cause neurological problem like speech disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently recorded a three-minute video and listened to it before sending it. In that video, a couple of words stood out to me that was not enunciated well. I have posted a short mini-clip of each word. In the context "be writing a story or a narrative" it sounds like I missed the l...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your concern, I would explain that these speech problems are not suggestive of any serious medical condition or neurological disorder. They are just misspelling, related to low attention or fatigue. I do not think that they are related to Prozac, as this ...  Read Full »

Is there a treatment for adult ADHD?

Query: Hello. As an adult with 3 children with adhd that take vyvanse. I can see that I too suffer more than I would like to tell. my whole life struggles and not sticking with the same job very long, never finishing anything and not being organized and getting frustrated with myself because if my failures...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq - Your experience as a parent of children with ADHD is fairly common. By observing their children , many parents realise retrospectively that they too had similar problems related to ADHD - It helps to know that you were on stimulant medication Ritalin in your teenage y...  Read Full »

I have symptoms of ADHD like fidgeting, restlessness, etc. Does someone gets ADHD in their teenage years?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 16-year-old male. I am concerned about my mental health. I have symptoms of ADHD like fidgeting, restlessness, being very talkative, losing focus or attention, but I am very extroverted, and my academic ratings are good. Does someone get ADHD in their teenage years? And am I on...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder) is a developmental condition which is noticeable since early childhood. Symptoms like hyperactivity, impulsivity, inattention will be present before the age of 12 years. Parents and teacher would have commented about it...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for attention deficit disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from attention deficit and disturbed memory problems. It affects the speed of my work. Presently I am taking tablet Fenofibrate 145 mg once daily and tablet Avital once daily for high triglycerides and disturbed lipids. Kindly suggest a treatment for my above problems.  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com I have thoroughly read your query. But only with this much detail of symptoms, it is difficult to reach the diagnosis. So, please elaborate on your symptoms and answer a few questions. For how long have you been suffering from these problems? Do you have other depre...  Read Full »

I am on Adderall for ADD and I am unable to sleep. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ADD and taking Adderall 20 mg twice daily. Usually, my sleep is good and rarely I may feel difficult to sleep. Also, I only take prescription when I am supposed to. But, for the past one week, I am unable to sleep. I took my sleeping pills and still just could not sleep. As till ea...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to know how long have you been taking that dose of Adderall (combination of Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine)? It is relatively high dose. Usually, with greater than 20 mg it has less effect on ADD (attention deficit disorder) and you gain m...  Read Full »

I am unable to manage daily tasks. Is this due to learning disability?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a master's degree and recently I have been having difficulties managing day-to-day tasks. I need to find out if I have a learning disability and how best to manage this issue.  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What sort of difficulties are you facing in managing your day to day tasks? Are they only related to reading or also involve any complex mechanical activities? Have you ever had a reading disability? The best way to manage this issue will be first diagnosing what ...  Read Full »

My mom is snoring since five days. Is it related to her seizure episode?

Query: Hello doctor, I am writing to get a second opinion for my mother. She is 40 years old. She had a seizure on the day before yesterday. She had got it for the first time during the gestation of her second child 18 years ago. She is using Tegretol 200 mg but not regularly. She has a history of high bp,...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She is having epilepsy which has recurred due to irregular sleep, stress and irregular treatment. The sinusitis is not related to the seizures. Her snoring while sleeping does not produce any complications in her brain. Her memory problems may be predominantly ...  Read Full »

Does ADD medicine cause tiredness?

Query: Hello doctor, I was recently diagnosed with ADD. My psychiatrist prescribed me Concerta 18 mg for a week, then 36 mg for another week, and 54 mg for 16 days. I started to take the pills three days ago but, I am tired, have a lack of motivation and no concentration all day long. I feel no benefits. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your psychiatrist diagnosed you as suffering from the ADD (attention deficit disorder), he started you on Concerta (Methylphenidate). But, it seems like you did not take the medication as prescribed. It is a well-known fact that these medications take some time to ...  Read Full »