Q. How is autism in adults diagnosed?

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Hello! I wanted to ask about autism, specifically autism in adults. I am a 21 year old adult, and I have a confirmed anxiety disorder. I did research and looked up information on autism after hearing some of the possible symptoms from someone online, and realizing that some of them I felt applied to me. I did More research and I feel there may be a high possibility that I am on the autism spectrum. And because of this, I wish to seek a medical professional to possibly diagnose wether or not I truly have it. However...I have no idea how to go about this or start. Is there a specific kind of therapist or psychiatrist I’m supposed to seek out to get a diagnosis on specifically autism in adults? I’m not really sure where to start.

#

hello,

I can understand about ur feelings, autism spectrum disorder has problems in three main areas:

1.Social interactions 2.Verbal and nonverbal communication 3.Repetitive or ritualistic behaviors. I am writing some common symptoms of autism in adult: 1.Person has Difficulty in interpreting what others are thinking or feeling. 2.he has problem in interpreting facial expressions, body language, or social cues. 3.he has Difficulty in regulating emotion. 4.he cannot maintain conversation. 5.his facial expressions does not match with his feelings. 6.rigidity during conversations on single subject. 7.has repetitive or routine behaviors. 8.has restricted range of activities. 9.Strict consistency to daily routines; outbursts when changes occur in. if u have those symptoms please consult to psychiatrist. diagnosis also require observation. I hope u understand.

|