Axillary Temperature

What is the most accurate way to measure body temperature?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a question regarding body temperature measurement. What is the most accurate way to take one's temperature?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The anal temperature is the best way to measure the core temperature of the body. For further information consult a family physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician   Read Full »

Digital vs. analog thermometer.

Query: Hi doctor, I feel like my forehead is hot, and I have a fever. I have both digital and analog thermometer. The underarm temperature in the analog thermometer shows 98.3 F, and in the mouth, it shows 99 F. The underarm temperature in the digital thermometer shows 98.4 F, and in the mouth, it is 99.1...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, this is not a fever. Both thermometers are accurate, but analog is better. Mouth is better for checking the temperature and 1 to 2 minutes is sufficient for checking the temperature. Normally, oral temperature is more than axillary temperature by 0.5 to 1 F, ...  Read Full »

Can my baby still have her shots if she has a fever?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is a month and a half. Her 2-month appointment for her shots is due very soon. But, she had been coughing a little and sneezing since about two days ago. She felt a little warm today and I took her underarm temperature and it was 99.2. I am a first-time mother. Should I tak...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that babies below the age of 6 months have a cough and cold occasionally. It is normal as long as the child is able to feed well. Regarding the feeling of warmth, the baby's head is always warmer than the rest of the body and a temperature of 99.2 F is not ...  Read Full »

I got fever after c-section. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a C-section a month ago. I was in induced pain for over 16 hours and had spiked fever due to the medicines which continued after surgery along with night sweats. I was advised to take Dolo 650 and Augmentin 1000 Duo, which I continued to take for 10 to 15 days. But, I was not gettin...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get yourself checked with a gynecologist. Also, get your wound and breasts be examined by the gynecologist. Usually, this could be due to breast issues or some wound infection. Do get back to me with the reports, so that I can guide you further. Take care. For f...  Read Full »