Q. I got fever after c-section. Why?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

I had a C-section a month ago. I was in induced pain for over 16 hours and had spiked fever due to the medicines which continued after surgery along with night sweats. I was advised to take Dolo 650 and Augmentin 1000 Duo, which I continued to take for 10 to 15 days. But, I was not getting better. Then, I consulted a physician and he advised me for some tests and the ESR came as 70 mm on the first hour and ANA HEp-2 came as positive. The titer showed 1:40 pattern and homogenous, but the blood culture, urine culture and USG abdomen were normal. The doctor advised me to take Ceftas three times a day for 10 days. The fever was subdued, but it started again after two to three days. The temperature keeps around 99 plus (axillary temperature), and I have body aches like needles. Even my internal stitches are painful. Please suggest.

#

• Please get yourself checked with a gynecologist. Also, get your wound and breasts be examined by the gynecologist.
  • Usually, this could be due to breast issues or some wound infection. Do get back to me with the reports, so that I can guide you further. Take care.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I was diagnosed with a node in my left breast when I was in class 11 that is, around 14 years ago. The doctor suggested me to have an ultrasound done for the same, and the report said it was just a kind of water bag. The node did not grow. My fever started when I was in labor. How could it be due to breast issue?

#

• The raised temperature during labor could be because of induced labor and as you were in labor for so long and usually subsides post delivery.
  • Post delivery the causes of spikes in temperature is because of few common conditions like breast abscess, infection of lochia, wound infection and urinary tract infection.
  • Since rest of the things like you do not have any urinary infection nor any excess lochia, foul smell or itching. I am assuming that it is normal, as you have not mentioned anything about it. I have been ruled out, only wound and breast could be the cause.
  • So, the best judge is your gynecologist, who has to do a complete examination and tell the exact cause of the fever.

|