Q. Can my baby still have her shots if she has a fever?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My daughter is a month and a half. Her 2-month appointment for her shots is due very soon. But, she had been coughing a little and sneezing since about two days ago. She felt a little warm today and I took her underarm temperature and it was 99.2. I am a first-time mother. Should I take her to the doctor?

#

• Please note that babies below the age of 6 months have a cough and cold occasionally. It is normal as long as the child is able to feed well.
  • Regarding the feeling of warmth, the baby's head is always warmer than the rest of the body and a temperature of 99.2 F is not considered as fever. Fever is when the temperature is above 100 F. So, do not worry.
  • You can take the child for the shots as long as the temperature is below 100 F.

For further queries consult a paediatrician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|