Q. Is something wrong with my 4-month-old daughter, or am I overreacting?

Dr. Prakash Nagar
My daughter is 4 months old and this is what's been going on with her need answers or if over reacting.
When she eats and even for long time after she is constantly puking. Sometimes white foamy puke.
She makes a weird breathing sound when eating. And just regular breathing. Her nose is always running or full of snot.
She has always got excess salava coming out of her mouth. She always sticking her toung out or moving it side to side. She acts like she's constantly choking. She has weird poop and seems be constipated alot. She isn't very alert like normal And it's like she can't talk laugh or cry anymore.. help plz

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Hi ,

Choking like act, not laughing or crying well is something need a careful & detailed evaluation that she might be having delayed milestones and that can have multiple causes. If you can connect with me on video chat , I can have a look at your baby to confirm it is something to be of concern or not .

Considering your baby is other wise normal with normal events during delivery & after delivery -- Small small amount of puking is normal which can be due to swallowing little more air during feeding.

You Wrote - "while eating" , Just to re-confirm , have you started on solid food?

Noisy breathing during feeds is due to running nose and she is having nose block so she feels difficulty while swallowing. Use Normal Saline nasal drops to keep the nose clean & open. Excess salivation at this age is normal for a well healthy baby .

|