Q. Is something wrong with my 4-month-old daughter, or am I overreacting?

Dr. Prakash Nagar
This is a premium question & answer published on May 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 03, 2021

My daughter is 4 months old. She is constantly puking after eating for a long time. Sometimes she has white foamy puke. She makes weird breathing sounds while eating. She has regular breathing and she has a running nose always. She also gets excess saliva coming out of her mouth. She always puts her tongue out or moving it side to side. She seems to have constant choking. She has a weird poop with constipation. She is not alert and she is unable to talk or cry or laugh. Please help.

#

Constant choking, absence of laughing or crying needs a careful and detailed evaluation. She can have a delayed milestone and it can cause multiple problems. As your baby was normal during delivery or after delivery, a small amount of puking is normal and it can occur due to swallowing air during feeding. Please mention whether you started to give solid foods to your child. Noisy breathing during feeding can occur due to a running nose. As she is having nose blockage, she can have a nose block with difficulty in swallowing. Use normal saline nasal drops to keep her nose clean and open. Excess salivation is normal for a healthy baby at this age.

|