Q. Why is my baby boy experiencing high fever and vomiting?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana

I would like to consult my Baby. He is 10 months old and 27 days. Mix feed (Breastfeeding and Formula Milk (Bonnamil Brand) )and Cerelac eater. Past 2days,he is experiencing high fever around 39.9°C and vomiting. Now, he had diaper rashes on sensitive private area. His poop is semi-solid and wet. My Lip told me my baby experience diarhea but he use to latch and eat.

# Considering the high temperature i would suggest to get the child evaluated physically by a pediatrician with blood investigations like cbc crp etc. to be decided as per examination. The benefits of examination in physical far outweigh the risks involved in the current scenario. Hence it is advisable to get the child evaluated physically.
As of now, you can do the following:
1. Give the child enterogermina 1 respule twice a day for 5 days.
2. Check temperature with a thermometer. Give tempra if fever os between 100 to 102 F and syrup ibugesic plus (ibuprofen + paracetamol) 1.5 ml sos if fever touches or crosses 102 F.
3. Give syrup perinorm 0.6 ml thrice a day for the vomiting for 3 days.
4. ors 60 ml with each wet stool.
5. Watch for dehydration lethargy and refusal to feed.

|