Q. Why is my baby boy experiencing high fever and vomiting?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 03, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 13, 2021

I am asking a query for my son. He is ten months old. He is taking mixed feed with breastfeeding and formula milk. He takes Cerelac also. He is experiencing a high fever of 39.9 degree celsius and vomiting for the past two days. He has diaper rashes on sensitive private areas. His poop is semi-solid and wet. He experiences diarrhea.

#

As your child is having a high temperature, he needs physical examination immediately. Kindly consult a pediatrician for having a physical examination and do blood investigations like CBC (complete blood count) and CRP (C-reactive protein) to rule out the cause. Physical examination is necessary for this situation due to the risks involved in the current scenario. Hence, it is advisable to have a physical examination of your child. For now, you can give Enterogermina one capsule twice a day for five days. Check his temperature using a thermometer frequently. If his fever lies between 100 to 102 degree Fahrenheit, then you can start giving syrup Ibugesic plus (Ibuprofen with Paracetamol) 1.5 ml on SOS (save our soul) basis. You can give syrup Perinorm 0.6 ml (Metoclopramide) thrice a day for three days for vomiting. Give ORS (oral rehydration salts) 60 ml with each wet stool. Watch his symptoms of dehydration lethargy and refusal to feed.

|