Vomiting is the uncontrolled expulsion of the contents of one's stomach through the mouth. It can be caused due to overeating or excess water consumption, and is normally a symptom of an underlying health condition. Excessive vomiting can make the body dehydrated.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What medicines can be given to a 4-year-old child to treat occult sepsis?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old daughter who weighs 13.5 kg is having fever ranging from 100 to 102 degrees Fahrenheit since three to four days. Syrup Calpol 250 works only for one to two hours max, after which fever spikes. We gave Meftal syrup too, which works maximum for three hours. We did a CCB and...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the report, the WBC (white blood cell) count is quite high. It is advisable to do a blood culture also to find out what organism has affected her. Also, I would want to add one more antibiotic to Ceftriaxone as it does not seem to be responding well. If the con...  Read Full »

My boyfriend and I are having severe cramps from the past three weeks. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, My boyfriend and I went on a trip three weeks ago on a bus. Before we ate, his stomach started to hurt, and he began getting cramps. He was well-hydrated. The next day, his cramps worsened at night, and I also started to have terrible cramps. His cramps got worse throughout the night, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ghulam Fareed

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your case history, with a recent history of travel, followed by abdominal cramps, likely because of eating something causing infection to the gut. You both should check your stool DR (detail report) to find infections like travelers, diarrhea, etc. ...  Read Full »

My sister has severe stomach ache and vomiting. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 17-year-old sister is experiencing extreme stomach ache with vomiting. Every time she is in her period, this happens, but it is not her period right now. She is not taking any medication now. Used tablet Buscopan earlier for acid reflux but already vomited. What can I do for now? W...  Read Full »

Dr. Arpit Varshney

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I understand your concern.Since she is having persistent vomiting and abdominal pain, I will suggest you take her to the hospital. Reason is whatever tablet she will take, she will vomit it out and the tablet would not work. she will need intravenous injections to resolve h...  Read Full »

The lower right side under my right rib is hurting a lot. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, The lower right side under my right rib is hurting a lot. I feel there is pressure while napping. It is a dull pain, and there is a lot of pressure. I have been vomiting and having a lot of anxiety. Please help. I cannot keep going through this, as it hurts a lot. I found out two years ag...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abdelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. From what you mentioned, most probably, you have gall bladder inflammation which may be due to stone. Is it your first time experiencing such pain? I recommend: Ibuprofen 600 mg for the pain. Perform CBC (complete blood count) and ultras...  Read Full »

My daughter suffers from stomach ache and vomiting. How to treat it?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has been vomiting since morning. She threw up thrice. She also suffers from stomach ache and has not had a bowel movement since yesterday. She was perfectly fine the previous day. Please suggest some medication.  Read Full »

Dr. Bhaisara Baraturam Bhagrati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. If you have already been given tablet Cyclopam (Dicyclomine and Paracetamol) and vomiting medicine and if the vomiting has not stopped, you should consult a doctor. Mild intermittent pain from worm infestation can also be treated by giving Sy...  Read Full »

I took I-pill within 24 hours of sex and have vomiting and lower body pain. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex five days back. I took I-pill within 24 hours of sex (this was the first time). Now, I do have flow but no blood stains and following symptoms are there like lower body pain, unable to eat anything, as I vomit after eating anything (it started on the third day), and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H. Mavani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may have stomach infection if you had unprotected sex before five days only because pregnancy symptoms do take times at least 20 days from unprotected sex to show up. Do urine pregnancy test to confirm after 20 days from the day of unprotected sex. Periods can delay...  Read Full »

My alcoholic son shows aggressive behavior and vomiting. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My eldest son is 45 years old. For many years he has drunk heavily, but until seven weeks ago, he had come off alcohol for around four years.His mother, who has died, had a history of manic depression. My son appears to have similar symptoms. For the past seven weeks, he has drunk bott...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abdelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Sorry to hear about the suffering of your son. Your son is an alcoholic with signs of alcohol intoxication (confusion, irritability, and aggressiveness). Alcohol in excessive amounts causes depleted thiamine and glucose in the blood, which causes ...  Read Full »

Please suggest some solution for vomiting, headache, loss of energy and body pain from morning.

Query: Hello doctor, I have continuous vomiting, headache, loss of energy, and body pain from today morning. Currently taking capsule Ultra-Q 300 mg. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Arpit Varshney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. There can be multiple causes of the symptoms you are experiencing. But the most common cause in the current scenario is COVID. But since you did not mention fever and sore throat, I will keep COVID down the list. Apart from this, undetected d...  Read Full »

Please suggest a few measures to reduce creatinine levels and sugar levels.

Query: Hi doctor, My mother-in-law is 56 year old. For the past 10 years she is having diabetes. Since 5-6 months, her sugar levels are very high. She is using insulin Actrapid 20 units. Three years back, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Underwent operation, chemotherapy, radiation therapy and cancer ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother-in-law has been diagnosed with acute pyelonephritis that is there is infection in the kidneys. Her random blood sugar is also increased, which suggests that insulin dose should be increased. But, that depends on the treating doctor after assessing all h...  Read Full »

I have spinning of my head with nausea and vomiting. What could this be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old female. Yesterday morning, I woke up to the alarm and when I got up, my head spun in a way which I have never experienced. I fell on the bed and when I tried to get up, it spun again. My husband made me drink water and helped me in getting up. I felt tired and when I...  Read Full »

Dr. Janrao Smit Uttam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, get relaxed. Do not panic. Everything has some solution. According to your complaints, it looks like a BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) which is a problem occurring due to some calcium crystal deposition in the internal ear, the part which ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.