Q. Why is 38 days old baby always crying and having poor sleep ?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

I have a girl baby and she is just 38 days old. She is suffering from colic pain. She is having poor sleep in day and night. Not even she slept continuously for one hour. This is the first baby. I and my husband are only taking care of her. She is not ready to sleep in cradle or bed. She wants to hold her in hand always. We gave Colimex, Colicaid, Colip, nothing worked for her. She always cries, we are struggling to find out the reason. Please guide me what could be the reason.

#

Do not worry. This is your first baby that is why this query. During the first six months, children sleep during the day and stay awake at night. Also, children seek attention during these months. There is no medication for this. You have to hold the child. Common reasons for crying:

1. Hungry. Stops on feeding.
  2. Wet diaper. Stops on changing the diaper.
  3. Rarely it may be due to reflux or colic. Mind you there is not many benefits of giving any colic medication like Colic acid, Colimex, Coliped simply because they do not work.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|