Q. My 4 month old baby is suffering from loose motion even after having Cefixime. Why?

Dr. Vishal Parmar

My daughter is 4 months old. She is suffering from loose motion for the last two weeks. The doctor already prescribed antibiotic Cefixime, but the condition is not much improved. Now she is pooping six to seven times daily, which contains mucus and color is green. A stool test shows 25 to 30 pus cells. Please advise us what to do?

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Child Health Paediatrics
#

I advise you to continue breastfeeding and prevent dehydration. It is unusual to have bacterial diarrhea in a four-month baby. Are you giving any top feeding? I mean other milk apart from breastfeeding like bottle feed? If yes, then please stop and give exclusive breastfeeding till six months of age. Please repeat stool test for reducing substance if possible. Have you given the rotavirus vaccine? Follow-up with the report. If you feel that she is sick, irritable, not taking feeds or not passing urine or anything unusual, then please visit a pediatrician as soon as possible.

Stool for reducing substance.

Dysentery or rotavirus.

Econorm sachets one (Saccharomyces boulardii) BD (twice daily) for three days,
syrup Zinc 2.5 mg once a day for 14 days, and
ORS (oral rehydration solution).

| 

My kid was vomiting frequently and now has loose stools. What can be the issue?

Query: Hello doctor, My dear daughter just completed 1 year yesterday and still on breastfeed (twice, a full day) along with normal food. She is lactose intolerant and was hypocalcemic (less calcium) by birth. Her doctor gave her OstoCalcium and retested after six months and she turned to be absolutely fi...  Read Full »

There is no reduction in the frequency of motion in a child after giving pre and probiotics. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 2 months old and he is suffering from motions 9 to 10 times a day. I gave him Cefixime six drops and prebiotic and probiotic 1 ml two times a day but there is no improvement. Please give me advice.  Read Full »

There are thick lumpy nodes and white discharge from foreskin. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I was treated with Fluconazole 400 mg once daily and applied Sertaconazole twice daily for 10 days but thick lumpy nodes show in the foreskin and also a thick white discharge under the foreskin.This area also deep shown. Please advice. My sugar level is normal and HbA1c is 5.9. There ...  Read Full »