Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have loose motions with fever and body ache. What is the cause?

Answered by
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hi doctor,

I have a fever. When I checked it, it was 100 F. Please help. I am attaching the prescription of the medicines that I take regularly.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology


Welcome to

I just read your query about your fever and saw your medications for your other conditions (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

  • I suggest you take tablet Paracetamol 500 mg, four times a day.
  • I would like few more details about your symptoms:
  1. Do you have a sore throat?
  2. Do you have a cold or a cough?
  3. Does it burn while urinating?

Hope you find my advice of some benefit. Good luck.

Revert with more information to a family physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

I have body ache and loose motion with fever, and my fever is increasing. The fever is 100.5 F now.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology


Welcome back to

I feel that you have gastroenteritis. I suggest you try taking doing the following:

  1. Tablet Metronidazole 500 mg, twice a day for three days.
  2. Tablet Hyoscine 10 mg, twice a day for three days.
  3. Take oral rehydration solution for three days.
  4. Tablet Paracetamol 500 mg, thrice a day for three days.
  5. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water.
  6. Eat more yogurt.
  7. Avoid juices and sweet drinks.
  8. Rest a lot.

Get back to me if you have any problem.

For more information consult a family physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Can I take Paracetamol tablets for my severe tooth pain?
Antibiotic-Associated Diarrhea (AAD)
I have diarrhea following constipation for a long time. Why?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »

If I had six Paracetamol tablets and seven of Mefenamic acid, how bad can it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. What if I have six tablets of 500 mg Paracetamol (Crocin advance) and seven tablets of 500 mg Mefenamic acid (Ponstan forte) at one go (within five minutes)? How bad will it be? What will the side effects be?  Read Full »

Fever in Babies: When to Call the Doctor

Article Overview: Fever is a non-specific symptom. When babies have fever, it can be traumatic for the parents as well, because they are unsure of what is causing it and how to soothe the baby. Adding to their anxiety, the baby is unable to explain his/ her discomfort in words. This article deals with how to take care of a baby who is down with fever and when to seek medical help. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S
Child Health Specialist

Fever is not an illness by itself, but a symptom. It can be due to virus or bacteria. Viral fevers that come with the common flu or cold tend to subside within three days. They do not require antibiotics as these medicines have no effect on the virus. On the other hand, bacterial fevers like urinary...  Read Article

Also Read

This article provides you with all the information that you should be knowing about miscarriage. Although this is an emo...  Read more»
COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»
I feel a restlessness in my legs, which decreases my sleep quality. How to get a refreshing sleep?
Hello doctor, I cannot get refreshing sleep some days in a week, and some days it is good. I also have difficulty sleep...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Family Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.