Q. I have loose motions with fever and body ache. What is the cause?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a fever. When I checked it, it was 100 F. Please help. I am attaching the prescription of the medicines that I take regularly.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

I just read your query about your fever and saw your medications for your other conditions (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• I suggest you take tablet Paracetamol 500 mg, four times a day.
  • I would like few more details about your symptoms:
  1. Do you have a sore throat?
  2. Do you have a cold or a cough?
  3. Does it burn while urinating?

Hope you find my advice of some benefit. Good luck.

Revert with more information to a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

I have body ache and loose motion with fever, and my fever is increasing. The fever is 100.5 F now.

#

I feel that you have gastroenteritis. I suggest you try taking doing the following:

1. Tablet Metronidazole 500 mg, twice a day for three days.
  2. Tablet Hyoscine 10 mg, twice a day for three days.
  3. Take oral rehydration solution for three days.
  4. Tablet Paracetamol 500 mg, thrice a day for three days.
  5. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water.
  6. Eat more yogurt.
  7. Avoid juices and sweet drinks.
  8. Rest a lot.

Get back to me if you have any problem.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|