Q. How can loose motion be cured?

Dr. Sathish R

I am suffering from loose motion for the last two days, took medicines Norflox TZ and O2, still no recovery. What should I do now?

Dr. Sathish R

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I am sorry to hear about your condition. First, let me assure you that it is going to be alright. But I want to know the following details. Please let me know if possible, have you been traveling recently? Do you have any fever symptoms? And do you have any difficulties in passing urine? Is your loose motion watery or stained with any blood?

The tablet you are taking is for urinary tract infection, I might suggest not to take it unless you have any difficulties in passing urine. I would like you to take these tablets:

Oral rehydration solution (one packet mixed in one liter water, kindly use it for three days minimum, until your loose motion resolves), tablet Loperamide 2 mg twice a day for three days, tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily for three days, tablet Multivitamin one tablet daily for three days only, tablet Albendazole 400 mg once daily for two days only. (One drug to be taken today and another drug after 14 days).

As you might be dehydrated a lot, please continue to drink at least three liters of water every day. If your symptoms are not settling, try to do stool occult blood and stool routine parasite tests, HB, TC, DC, platelet, serum electrolytes. Let me know if you have any more doubts. Wish you good health.

Traveling, outside food intake.

HB, total count, differential count, platelet, serum electrolytes, stool, occult blood, stool routine parasites.

Diarrhea, dysentery, worm infestation.

Oral rehydration solution (one packet mixed in one-liter water, kindly use it for three days minimum, until your loose motion resolves) along with prescribed tablets.

Avoid outside food, water. Take ORS solution, drink plenty of water.

|